xbox 360 questiones

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeter1255

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok i dont have a 360 yet but will soon, but had some questiones before i get it.

ok i see it has wifi is that ok and working......does that mean i could connect to a router without the ethernet cable?

the min reason i wat the 360 is for "live" just let me know is it that good. cus i have no brother thats interested in it just old nes and stuff,, but anyways..........so are there people all the time on it playing gamse.

cus....................... is was thinking about theses games......

gears of war
rainbow six
call of duty 3
to start out!!!!!

some other ????

is the inter coller worth it or not?

do they have conteset on xbox live?

do u have to have xbox live to download demos?

And i saw some where i think it was on the microsoft website that u can pause and ercord live tv on the 360!!!! Is that true????

Thankyou, and hope to see u soon on xbox live!!!

skeeter1255 said:
ok i dont have a 360 yet but will soon, but had some questiones before i get it.

ok i see it has wifi is that ok and working......does that mean i could connect to a router without the ethernet cable?

the min reason i wat the 360 is for "live" just let me know is it that good. cus i have no brother thats interested in it just old nes and stuff,, but anyways..........so are there people all the time on it playing gamse.

cus....................... is was thinking about theses games......

gears of war
rainbow six
call of duty 3
to start out!!!!!

some other ????

is the inter coller worth it or not?

do they have conteset on xbox live?

do u have to have xbox live to download demos?

And i saw some where i think it was on the microsoft website that u can pause and ercord live tv on the 360!!!! Is that true????

Thankyou, and hope to see u soon on xbox live!!!

First, go back and take English, again. Maybe even two more times if need be.

The 360 does not come with wifi, but you can pay $100 to get a wireless adapter so you can hook it up to your router wirelessly w/o a patch cable.

Intercooler is not worth it. Just keep it in an area where it can get some ventilation.

Get halo 2 for it as well, even though it's a xbox title.

No, they do not usually have contests through xbox live. And when they do, they're not put on by Microsoft, but rather, other companies and organizations that are willing to do so.

You do not need to have the Xbox live 'gold' membership to download demos. You can sign up for silver, which is free I believe, which will give you access to the marketplace where you can download demos, trailers, tv shows, and movies.

No, you cannot reccord and pause tv on the 360. You can set you 360 to watch tv from you Media center pc.

After reading your post 3 times I think I have finally deciphered what your are asking.

You will need the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Network-Adapter/dp/B000B6MLV4/sr=8-8/qid=1164856466/ref=pd_bbs_sr_8/103-8061887-2069428?ie=UTF8&s=videogames"]wireless network adapter[/ame] in order to link to a wireless router.

XBOX live is huge and there are always people on playing games.

Gears of War is a kick ass game. F.E.A.R. is also good.

Intercooler is a waste. Just make sure you have adequate ventilation all around the 360.

Yes they have competitions on XBOX Live.

Yes you need to have access to XBOX Live to download demos.

Don't know about the TV thing.

Make sure you get the fully loaded version of the 360 if you can. The hard drive and wireless contoller that come with it are a must.

Dont worry, xbox live will definitely fit your gaming needs. It kicks A$$...

Or you can just get an ethernet cable and plug it into your modem and you're set. Thats what I do and it works fine.

I can't wait to get 360 aswell :D

The 360 kicks ass...
You know what doesn't kick ass???

Buggyracer...Your not GREEN any more:thumbdown

sounds good and sorry for the spelling I'm trying to type fast here.

and yes I'm gonna get the 400$ one and was it the difference then between the 2 memberships for xbox live?

Gears of war is pretty kick ass. I got a 360 a few weeks ago (Killer deal at a local pawn shop) and its a cool unit, but I was expecting it to be alot cooler. I personally didnt think its all that much better than a Ps2. I'm finally starting to get the hang of the controllers, so thats helping. Maybe if I had a HD tb itd be a more drastic difference, but on my 27 inch flat screen, I jut didnt notice to much of a difference. But definatly pick up gears of war when ya get it. Sweet sweet game.

Monkey Wrench said:
I wonder...is Asteroids cool on it?

Man monkey man...you deal with high end stuff at work..But you don't know poop about Vid games..Dam I thought I was in the dark!....
HAAA
Don't worry I have poop hooked to my TV that links the TV.To my net work in my house.
I have a media center That Supposedly I can link my computers to?????

ZANDOR said:
Man monkey man...you deal with high end stuff at work..But you don't know poop about Vid games..Dam I thought I was in the dark!....
HAAA
Don't worry I have poop hooked to my TV that links the TV.To my net work in my house.
I have a media center That Supposedly I can link my computers to?????

Brother, I'm so far in the dark with this poop I couldn't find my ass with both hands! My 8 year-old son knows more about this crap than I do! Hell, we were playing some demolition derby game on my (yawn) regular Xbox and he flat smoked my ass!

I just bowed my head, fired up my vintage "KISS" pinball machine and wept.

Now, you want to talk about dedicated IP loops, VoIP or how echo cancellors work, I'm game! Otherwise, I'm a dunce!

Monkey Wrench said:
Brother, I'm so far in the dark with this poop I couldn't find my ass with both hands! My 8 year-old son knows more about this crap than I do! Hell, we were playing some demolition derby game on my (yawn) regular Xbox and he flat smoked my ass!

I just bowed my head, fired up my vintage "KISS" pinball machine and wept.

Now, you want to talk about dedicated IP loops, VoIP or how echo cancellors work, I'm game! Otherwise, I'm a dunce!

Brother man You need to come and visit me...
Ill show you how to woop ass on the 360...In turn you can show me how my network works..LOL.

Deal...just let me know when the snow melts. Is SeaTac where I should fly into? Always like the approach in, flying next to Mt. Hood.

Oh, and I want a spin with the 5B!

Monkey Wrench said:
Deal...just let me know when the snow melts. Is SeaTac where I should fly into? Always like the approach in, flying next to Mt. Hood.

Oh, and I want a spin with the 5B!

Deal brother man:)
Sea tac airport is the hub..

And its MT Ranier....You get a view of...inless you come through portland OR.

Last edited:
Really?!?!?? no way! lmao

Yeah... it does suck. I've been having trouble with school and someone stole my brand new graphing calculator ($125) which doesn't help. So I gotta buy a new one. Next month again for sure.

Buggyracer28 said:
Yeah... it does suck. I've been having trouble with school and someone stole my brand new graphing calculator ($125) which doesn't help. So I gotta buy a new one. Next month again for sure.

I have A TI clac some were.Ill try and find it..If I can you can have it:)

ZANDOR said:
...In turn you can show me how my network works..LOL.

That's easy. It's MAGIC! Computers work on pure magic; true story.:dancin:

I may be confused,But Mt. Hood is nowhere near sea-tac. lol cause i know for a fact that i don't live near sea-tac. Although the aproach for Mt.Hood is neat. MW Bring yourself out this way,I'm sure we all could get into a poop load of trouble.

And its MT Ranier....You get a view of...inless you come through portland OR.

Ah, that's right! I get the two confused because I've flown in from Portland before and from the East.

Either way, great view when it's a clear day...and the pilot keeps the plane a nice distance from 'em!

MW Bring yourself out this way,I'm sure we all could get into a poop load of trouble.

Man, I'd love to! The PNW is some of the most beautiful country I've ever been to. I loved it when I had to visit my Seattle office. Long-ass flight, but worth it every time!