Sold / Found WTB Quick/peak Charger.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LosiLST

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm looking for either a peak or quick charger, or both if thats possible....

Nothing pisses you off more then when you get everything out to go play and you realize you forgot to charge your battery and all you have is a 4 hour wall charger.. I would like something that will charge/discharge, charge at different amps, do NiCd and NiMh's up to 7-8 cell of possible. The Cheaper the better.

Thanks,
LosiLST

I have one of these I'd be willing to sell:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN4036

I've had it for probably 2 years, but I only used it for 6 months. Been in a drawer ever since. It will need a new connecter put on it for the battery you need to charger. I think I have a spare deans laying around and maybe a receiver type wire I could throw in with it.

If you want a deans, let me know which, female/male. I don't have any tamiya connectors... that's why it's missing it. ;) I needed one.

$30 shipped US. Considering it's weight, shipping will be pricey.

It doesn't discharge, but it does do as noted in the manual (link doesn't say that9), 4-7 cells, but it worked fine doing 5-8 cells (8aa in my xmitter just fine).

Here's the specs from the manual:
• AC/DC-input power
• Ni-Cd and Ni-MH compatible
• Charge rates of 1, 2, or 4 amps
• Heavy-duty alligator clips
• Advanced Trickle Charge
• LED and beeper indicate when charge
is complete
• Charges 4- to 7-cell battery packs
• Receiver pack charge lead adapter included
• Tamiya-style connector - this isn't true anymore... since I nabbed it.
• Fuse-protected
• Voltmeter jacks
• Limited 5-year warranty

That's an awesome little charger. It's exactly what i use. It is several years old and going strong. Charges 1600 mah rec packs in about 20 minutes @ 1 amp, 4200mah 6 cell packs in about 25-30 minutes @ 4 amps. Jump on it.

Dynamite Prophet chargers are really great, especially at their price-point. Grab it quick!

It will not charge 8 cells though, trust me! i tried to charge 8 AA batts with it, smoked the fuse!:hehe:

It will not charge 8 cells though, trust me! i tried to charge 8 AA batts with it, smoked the fuse!:hehe:

That's odd... I've used mine to charge my transmitter without any issues. I only charge receiver packs and transmitter at max of 1A. You sure you had the polarity right?

You may be on to something there.....I was pretty sure i had it right. These where 2400 mah nimh energizers. Yep I'm sure i had the polarity right. That's my story and i'm sticking to it!lol

I was using 2050 radio shack cells at the time. However, it didn't charge the 8 cells as well as my other charger did, peaked early. It did fine on the 6V 5 cell packs and 7.2v stick packs.

You may be on to something there.....I was pretty sure i had it right. These where 2400 mah nimh energizers. Yep I'm sure i had the polarity right. That's my story and i'm sticking to it!lol

*POP* "What the??? Oops..." -- Me the first time I got it backwards.

*POP* "What the??? Oops..." -- Me the first time I got it backwards.

There was no "pop", about 45 seconds after I hit the button...... lots of smoke and a funny burning smell! It still smells like burnt circuit board! lol It's still kicking though.

Thanks Olds!! Payment has been sent. Thread closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back