Wpl

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel C

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
So I'm only guessing but I don't think there is anybody here who cares much about the wpl trucks. I know there not much but over the time that I have had mine I have done so many changes to it and it's not much of the original left but it is a good base body to play with but I am leaving the site since there has been no interest in any post I have made. Thanks for having me and I hope everybodys projects go well and thanks for the answers I have gotten from people they have helped.

Hey, Daniel, I'm brand new here and I got back into the hobby last fall. It started with an inexpensive 1/18 brushless truck, and then a C24-1, which I got really into. I don't typically do a lot of mods, but I do enjoy seeing what other people do. There is a side of me that really enjoys miniaturization. I had a good amount of enjoyment building a course for my C24-1. While I mainly run 1/10 on a dirt track, sometimes I just want to slow down and chill with my mini crap crawlers in my backyard course.
I just found your threads and I'm going to go through them, because I'm truly interested. I hope you stay around and keep sharing your projects. You never know whose going to stumble in here or come across them on the internet at since point. It's a small niche of us, but you know we're out there, based on YouTube hits.
1121201335_HDR.jpg

1129201608_Burst01.jpg

@Daniel C I agree with @Xraycer . New to this site, but after reading your post and going back to see your other posts, I understand it is frustrating not to get any feedback. I only have an Axial scx24 rock crawler that I mostly bought for using indoors when the weather is bad. I don't know much about crawlers but did enjoy reading your posts.

Hey, Daniel, I'm brand new here and I got back into the hobby last fall. It started with an inexpensive 1/18 brushless truck, and then a C24-1, which I got really into. I don't typically do a lot of mods, but I do enjoy seeing what other people do. There is a side of me that really enjoys miniaturization. I had a good amount of enjoyment building a course for my C24-1. While I mainly run 1/10 on a dirt track, sometimes I just want to slow down and chill with my mini crap crawlers in my backyard course.
I just found your threads and I'm going to go through them, because I'm truly interested. I hope you stay around and keep sharing your projects. You never know whose going to stumble in here or come across them on the internet at since point. It's a small niche of us, but you know we're out there, based on YouTube hits.
View attachment 126354
View attachment 126355
That's a awesome looking course you have there. I'm impressed looks like fun. Thanks for the feed back it's nice to get a little conversation from time to time. So I'll stick around for awhile I have a few more projects I'm working on so I'll post some more pics soon.

@Daniel C I agree with @Xraycer . New to this site, but after reading your post and going back to see your other posts, I understand it is frustrating not to get any feedback. I only have an Axial scx24 rock crawler that I mostly bought for using indoors when the weather is bad. I don't know much about crawlers but did enjoy reading your posts.
Thanks for the reply and don't worry about the truck you drive it's the fun created that matters.

Hey that one has the motor on axle right? Does it have one in each axle or just two?
I can't recall. This rig had an issue so I sent it back for a replacement, but they were out of stock. So, they just have me a refund.

I love my SCX24!
Here's my indoor expanding foam terrain.
0411211813a_Burst01.jpg

I love my SCX24!
Here's my indoor expanding foam terrain.

I have the same exact one, I added wheel weights and am making a custom body for it out of a model kit and some scratch building. Digging the terrain. I am thinking about making a course on a 4x8 sheet of plywood that I can lower from the garage ceiling when I want to use it.
thumbnail.jpeg

I can't recall. This rig had an issue so I sent it back for a replacement, but they were out of stock. So, they just have me a refund.
Bummer. Do you plan on getting another one or shopping for a different one?

Bummer. Do you plan on getting another one or shopping for a different one?
Not at the moment. Right now, I'm working on my 1/10 rigs and honing my driving skill for the upcoming race season. I've also set out to repair ALL my old rc vehicles that's been sitting dormant for way too long.

Not at the moment. Right now, I'm working on my 1/10 rigs and honing my driving skill for the upcoming race season. I've also set out to repair ALL my old rc vehicles that's been sitting dormant for way too long.
That's how I got in to building to start with. My 2 boys have went through a few rc trucks over the years and I have kept all of them. I decided one day to take all the parts and build a few but ended up building a couple of crazy hill ripping trucks the we totally thrashed going everywhere and anywhere with. They worked great but we bet them up and had fun doing it. Are you just rebuilding or modifying them to something else of your own design?

That's how I got in to building to start with. My 2 boys have went through a few rc trucks over the years and I have kept all of them. I decided one day to take all the parts and build a few but ended up building a couple of crazy hill ripping trucks the we totally thrashed going everywhere and anywhere with. They worked great but we bet them up and had fun doing it. Are you just rebuilding or modifying them to something else of your own design?
No, I'm not good at, nor do I have the patience to mod. I just want to fix them up and just then again.

No, I'm not good at, nor do I have the patience to mod. I just want to fix them up and just then again.
I understand that. I have been going nuts waiting on parts from overseas. The build comes easy to me but the hassle of waiting for the parts is what I can't do. The truck I'm working on is sitting idle because of that. Hey I won't to say thanks for reaching out and talking with me I was about to cut and run from this site. I'll keep on building,posting pics and sharing ideas. Good luck fixing all your rc trucks and I hope to talk back at you when ever.

I understand that. I have been going nuts waiting on parts from overseas. The build comes easy to me but the hassle of waiting for the parts is what I can't do. The truck I'm working on is sitting idle because of that. Hey I won't to say thanks for reaching out and talking with me I was about to cut and run from this site. I'll keep on building,posting pics and sharing ideas. Good luck fixing all your rc trucks and I hope to talk back at you when ever.
No problem, Man! I'm glad you've reconsidered, and sticking around.

I know how you feel about waiting for parts, it's almost like you need to buy two of a vehicle just so you can keep one running!

I wanted something to mess with while camping. So after researching, the WPL c24-1 fit the bill and there's a large following. A very nice scale look for the money. It was inexpensive to start, my main objective at the beginning. But as I progressed with the rig's potential, the mods/upgrades are many, inexpensive, and continues. The scale is perfect for me. I can quickly build an indoor course . . . books pillows, throw rugs, etc. And yet it's big enough for the outdoors.

Attachments

• toy7.jpg
    toy7.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 52
  • toy4.jpg
    toy4.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 90
  • toy3.jpg
    toy3.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 86
  • toy8.jpg
    toy8.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 105
Looks great! it freaks me out seeing all those Phillips screws, just not used to seeing that on an rc. Overall nice detail. :)

Back