Wow! There's a lot of TMaxx trashing!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
That's all I seem to hear since the Savage and Revo are the big stars. I just bought a used TMaxx for 250.00 Canadian, that's 175.00 American. It has aluminum bulkheads, RPM skidplates and bumpers. Now since a lot of people think they're basically junk cause they break a lot, what upgrades will make it a better truck?:thankyou:

I think I have seen a topic simlar to this one but i think pretty much everyone here would say RPM A-Arms, RPM Shock Towers, maybe the RPM steering knuckles and The Pro-Line Maxx Performance Steering Kit.

The Maxx isn't really a bad truck. But it does have some durability issues in certain spots. Like Badfish said, RPM arms will help a ton. Then, just upgrade as you break parts. I think you'll find that you don't break them all that often. Yeah, the Sav is known to be much more durable, but the Maxx is still a fun ride. Just fire it up and beat on it! Then just fix it as you need to.

You may find yourself blowing off the top of the shocks as well. Consider a metal bodied and capped shock when you blow the stock ones. The diffs can go out on you, so ugrade when those go out. Last, the tranny gears tend to strip. Luckily the tranny is real easy to work on, so if they go out, go the cheap way and just stock up on stock Traxxas gears, or spend some bucks and get the Robinson Racing gears. You will never need to replace them again. Oh, and the spur gear/slipper clutch tend to let go when you least expect it.

Thanks guys.

Well, I'll do a search when I break things, as I break things to see what I should upgrade to. It's actually going to be kinda fun to see what happens. Thanks guys.

Well my limited time with a Tmaxx leads me to think some better A arms and shocks would be nice ;)

That's what they told me here too. Do a search for TMaxx hopups and you'll find out from the guys who know so much what needs replacing.

Aluminum bulks are good. Stay away from aluminum arms and towers. Also, if you get the itch for more power, get a truck that can handle it. The t-maxx can't handle more than the 2.5 engine thats in it. Once you try to go BB, you will be having failing driveline parts right and left.

Also... STAY AWAY FROM INTEGY ALUMINUM PARTS!!!

Have fun!