Wow I love metal

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traxxas t-maxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I hit the curb which was described in a previous thread and my shock just one was bent bad. So I didn't feel like replacing a shock so I got out the ole hammer and went to work. I got it really straight like you really got look hard to see that its was in a crash. Anyways is this going to effect my driving any?

Most likely it is going to destroy the o-rings in the shock, and then it will leak the fluid out. It will also most likely bind and then it could affect the handling. If it was just the shaft why not just buy a replacement shaft since you don't want to buy new shocks.

Never thought of that and you know I am going to my lhs today and I allready have a huge parts list so what another 10$.

IMO, you would be much better off to just throw a new shaft in it rather than risk completely destroying the shock.

How hard is it to change a shaft?

Not hard at all. Take off the shock, unscrew the shock end that attaches to the a-arm, then unscrew the top cap. Turn it upside down to drain the oil, once empty just push the shaft out the top of the shock. Take the piston off the shock, put it on the new shaft, put a lttle oil on the new shaft so you don't damage the o rings, and just push it back through the hole in the bottom of the shock body, refill with the same weight oil that is in the rest of the shocks, make sure you wait till all the air bubbles stop coming to the surface of the oil, screw the top back on, reattach the bottom shock end, and put it back on.