Would taking a 3/4 turn out of the spur gear cause the pinion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boggs3010

RCTalk Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
To chew up the spur gear? Asking for a friend because it happened. o_O Been awhile I have loosened and tightened with no issues in the past cars.

IMG_20230713_114900.jpg

Looks like it's time to replace the pinion.

Loosening the slipper shouldn't affect the gear mesh at all unless you really loosened it up. Was your mesh set properly? Did the drivetrain maybe get in a bind?

Loosening the slipper shouldn't affect the gear mesh at all unless you really loosened it up. Was your mesh set properly? Did the drivetrain maybe get in a bind?
That's what I thought I am no slipper expert. (Arrma cars are my go to) loosened at most 1 turn from OEM settings. I never touched the mesh it seemed fine imo. No bind at all. Driven on my driveway debris free. When I get a new spur I will double check mesh and slipper etc on the bench with the cover off. Just disappointed my new car is down already.

IMG_20230713_102540.jpg

48p gears with a decent amount of power, it'll happen sooner or later. You sure the mesh was fine? Is the slipper too tight maybe?

48p gears with a decent amount of power, it'll happen sooner or later. You sure the mesh was fine? Is the slipper too tight maybe?
I thought it was too tight and gave it 3/4 turn to loosen it. I am guessing the mess was off and or the motor screws weren't tight enough. Lesson learned all good. Just thew me off never happened on any of the 15 other cars I own.

RTR should stand for Ready To Rebuild and not Ready To Run. Never trust someone else's work, go over it yourself before running it.
xhCWMKA.gif

That's why I had the cover off and was looking and making an adjustments

Back