Would anyone be able to identify this transmission from an emaxx I'm told

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunderranger

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
I have a transmission that I would ideally like to get the internals replaced on because the bracket that holds my motor ( electric converted tmaxx ) mounts directly to this transmission and not my other tmaxx transmissions. I was told when I purchased the truck it was from an emaxx but he doesn't know the model for the truck or tranny it came from.
Thanks ( the hobby shop seems to think it could be a 3906 emaxx transmission) but the parts they ordered do not fit correctly

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have a transmission that I would ideally like to get the internals replaced on because the bracket that holds my motor ( electric converted tmaxx ) mounts directly to this transmission and not my other tmaxx transmissions. I was told when I purchased the truck it was from an emaxx but he doesn't know the model for the truck or tranny it came from.
Thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
I have already went to local hobby shops and the parts they ordered did not fit ( like that metal gear inside near the output shaft ) they are slightly to big and when installed the output shaft does not spin even when spinning input shaft

Last edited:
The EMAXX transmission (the old black one) looks like this.
Capture.JPG

It looks to me like its a tranny from a model 4910 T-Maxx which is below.
s-l1600.jpg

The EMAXX transmission (the old black one) looks like this.
View attachment 155689

It looks to me like its a tranny from a model 4910 T-Maxx which is below.
View attachment 155690
I was just told my other transmission was a 4910 ( on right of picture) they look different .

image.jpg

image.jpg

The one on the left ( transmission in question) was attached to this bracket
The main reason I want this transmission fixed is because the bracket holds the motor up and gives me alot more space for batteries etc on my truck . And all of the tmaxx transmissions I have ( 2 ) don't have the holes to volt up the bracket

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 23
I was just told my other transmission was a 4910 ( on right of picture) they look different .

View attachment 155693

View attachment 155694
The one on the left ( transmission in question) was attached to this bracket
The main reason I want this transmission fixed is because the bracket holds the motor up and gives me alot more space for batteries etc on my truck . And all of the tmaxx transmissions I have ( 2 ) don't have the holes to volt up the bracket
My fault, I was looking at the wrong E-Maxx version. That is an E-Maxx Model 3906 Tranny. The one I said was a T-Maxx 4910 tranny in the other thread is just that a 4910.

3906 E-MAXX transmission
1668645338922.png

My fault, I was looking at the wrong E-Maxx version. That is an E-Maxx Model 3906 Tranny. The one I said was a T-Maxx 4910 tranny in the other thread is just that a 4910.

3906 E-MAXX transmission
View attachment 155706
Would you have any idea where i could find a single speed kit for it ? The internal gears aren't in great shape ( and I already have the replacement metal idler gear ) I looked and googled to find one but I had no luck .I tried to improvise something with other transmission gears but they mesh to tight and do not work ( plus the output shaft just spins because I'm missing the little picece to keep it engaged)

Would you have any idea where i could find a single speed kit for it ? The internal gears aren't in great shape ( and I already have the replacement metal idler gear ) I looked and googled to find one but I had no luck .I tried to improvise something with other transmission gears but they mesh to tight and do not work ( plus the output shaft just spins because I'm missing the little picece to keep it engaged)
Unfortunately, even though I have a T-MAXX myself that I'm going to be doing an E conversion to in the future, I have not done it and all I can do is repeat other things I've read or heard about doing a conversion.

Are you trying to use the emaxx tranny or the t-maxx one?

Unfortunately, even though I have a T-MAXX myself that I'm going to be doing an E conversion to in the future, I have not done it and all I can do is repeat other things I've read or heard about doing a conversion.

Are you trying to use the emaxx tranny or the t-maxx one?
So I have 2 tmaxx's. one is a 2.5 chassis *blue*( with a 4910 transmission and single speed kit) Robson racing 72 t spur gear and 150 amp ESC running 4s batteries ( I'm currently changing from old style slipper clutch to new ( waiting on new input shaft ) so I can go faster. and the other is a 3.3 ( grey)chassis with the emaxx 3906 tranny but it blew up in 3 minutes and I previously wasn't sure exactly which model it was. So I would preferably like to have the emaxx transmission working because the bracket saves alot of room for batteries ( since I'll be running 6s ) with a castle motor and ESC . Shortly I will have the other 4910 with a single speed kit also as a spare because they always break on me lol . So just to summarize I want to get the emaxx transmission working and put on my 3.3 to save space

image.jpg

AFAIK The silver chassis is a 4910 (which were 2.5s) just like the other one. I believe the chassis plate just like the a-arms have been replaced with after market parts. To my knowledge all T-Maxxs have had blue chassis. I believe it to be 1 4910 based on the tires and the black receiver box. That being said the arms are most likely from a later kit because the 4910 as I understand it had almost no gap between the shock springs and the oblong hole in the a-arm. Later versions they made the arms wider and therefore it had more room for the shock springs. Theres liable to be other parts on it that might be from later yet compatible models. hard to say. Thats why I referred to it earlier as a mash up of parts. some stock, some not, some 4910, some not. The radio boxes, battery covers, and tranny cases had changed to grey before they put the 3.3 on one. Just for your situational awareness.

AFAIK The silver chassis is a 4910 (which were 2.5s) just like the other one. I believe the chassis plate just like the a-arms have been replaced with after market parts. To my knowledge all T-Maxxs have had blue chassis. I believe it to be 1 4910 based on the tires and the black receiver box. That being said the arms are most likely from a later kit because the 4910 as I understand it had almost no gap between the shock springs and the oblong hole in the a-arm. Later versions they made the arms wider and therefore it had more room for the shock springs. Theres liable to be other parts on it that might be from later yet compatible models. hard to say. Thats why I referred to it earlier as a mash up of parts. some stock, some not, some 4910, some not. The radio boxes, battery covers, and tranny cases had changed to grey before they put the 3.3 on one. Just for your situational awareness.
I really appreciate your input , it's a whole lot of learning with these. I wish they wrote ( or engraved ) exactly what chassis and tranny models they were directly on them to save confusion. I've just spent way to much money listening to the hobby shop guys and all of the parts they ordered did not work on the trucks I have which is why I opted to seek advice here . Which has already helped me with a few questions I've had in a matter of days compared to the months of trial and error at the hobby shops around me

I really appreciate your input , it's a whole lot of learning with these. I wish they wrote ( or engraved ) exactly what chassis and tranny models they were directly on them to save confusion.
right
I've just spent way to much money listening to the hobby shop guys and all of the parts they ordered did not work on the trucks I have which is why I opted to seek advice here .
Sometimes you get lucky and find a hobby shop owner or a tech that is actually knowledgable but in my experience a lot of them.... not so much. At least thats been my experience with my local shops over the years.

Which has already helped me with a few questions I've had in a matter of days compared to the months of trial and error at the hobby shops around me
Bear in mind I do own a T-Maxx but I'm by no means a T-Maxx expert. I'm just regurgitating what I've reasearched online in the past mostly and confirming with pictures.

Back