wont start flooded engine ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSPGuy2190

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
my nitro wont start even after 20+ pulls i got her to run for 3 secs then cut out

iv noticed bit of nitro spitting out the xhaust as i try to start her ? whats that mean ?

how do i know if the engine is flooded?

help guys :\

if your starter is very hard to pull stop and remove you glow plug and pull the starter for 3 to 5 times, if the engine is flooded petrol will come out

finally got her running , &$@#$&%$^ why does it seem to take 15+ pulls to get her started ? what can i tune or change so i can get her to start after 5 -6 pulls

check your carburator setting on the manual sometimes andmost of time it causes the problem. check your high speed neddle maybe to lean

nitro engines are weird sometimes thay will fire up after a few quick pull's & sometimes thay will take half a dozen pull's.. My nitro engines fire up pretty quick after a few pull's.
make shure your LSN & HSN are set to allow the engine to fire up genreal rule of thumb is if the engine isent starting 1 or both of the needles are not set right. Also Glow plug could be bad too or engine flooded.. change in outside air temps change "cooler or hotter day" from last time you ran Rig can also have an effect on the engine

i last ran her sunday , and only finally got her running today

---------- Post added at 6:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 6:21 AM ----------

ill check her out thursday when iv got a day off and check the needles

the guys the run top fuel dragsters use gasoline to start nitro engines. even though you dont have as much nitro, it might work for you. and all ways have some water to put out a RC fuel fire, water puts out methanol very good. i have tested it. just dont put the water in the RC, mark it.

whats the best way to set the hsn ? As i havent touched it and how do i set it

it is depends on the manufacturer of each engine you have to check what is the default setting and start from it, by the what is your engine maybe i can give you the default