Won't idle well on full tank, idles great when theres less fuel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sage2k

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My revo seems to be tuned pretty decent at the moment, I'm getting temps around 235-245 at the glow plug, theres a moderate amount of blue smoke at acceleration, and it seems fairly responsive on the throttle.

Problem is when theres a full tank of fuel it won't idle for more than a few seconds before dying. This makes it almost impossible to put the body on.
So i just run without the body and after its around 1/2 a tank it will idle fine and I'm able to put the body on.

Is this a symptom of a bad tune, possible air leak in the tank, or something else?

Could be that you have it tuned rich to deal with a leak in the tank near the top, maybe the cap itself. When it's full, the leak is covered with liquid, so it runs overly rich.

Could also be that you just have it a bit on the rich side and it's loading up when it sits and idles. Why are you taking the body off to fuel it?

I find it easier to refuel without the body on, it also seems the filler hole on the body collects alot of dirt/grime and I don't want any of it falling into the tank as I refuel.

I'll double check for air leaks around the tank.

If its loading up at idle should I lean the LSN?

Try filling it back up after the engine is warm. I also think it's just your lsn. It may be responding nicely because your hsn is a bit too lean. If the tank has a significant leak you'll notice it.

Back