Wltoys 144001 Build Project!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightspeedRC

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recieved my wltoys 144001 last week. And starting this week with my speedrun build project.

Great little car and above espectations so far. i only paid about 65usd for it free shipping.

I try to film everything i do and post it on youtube and here on this forum. Tips & tricks are always welcome. :)

first video

For brushless conversion don't waste your time trying to pull the motor off the mount just buy a new one for about $5-$10, believe gearing is .7 mod so it's not easy to find gears being the odd size. Grease the diffs well, pick up some Contact foam tires as the stock blow apart at about 50mph. I've got one that I built a while ago, brushless 4000kv 3s system, PB so far is 60mph but haven't really put that much into it. I've got a Arrma Typhon GT for real speed so far PB is 112mph but just made some big gearing changes so hoping 120's to maybe 130mph next runs out?

Thanks guys, i have been testing with setting up the car correctly. I have set the toe plus camber to neutral so there is less resistance in a strsaight line. also lowered the car. With this i gained 5pkh topspeed. about 3mph.

Next step is greasing the diffs. actually i should have done that first.. there was almost nothing inside..! Also i went from 4wd to 2wd by removing the front diff and axles. Gained another 8kph stock ( 5mph )

Next step is greasing the diffs. actually i should have done that first.. there was almost nothing inside..! Also i went from 4wd to 2wd by removing the front diff and axles. Gained another 8kph stock ( 5mph )
Need to get foam tires those tires aren't going to hold at speed. I'd suggest Contact foams ?

Still impressed by these WL Toys... Better quality than LiteHawk, cheaper price than Arrma and a relatively good (or simply good...?) driving experience...(?)
Kind of bang for the buck. I want to try one... :)
Thanks for sharing.

Foam tires will go under this car soon indeed! The stock tires balloon allready with tge stock motor.

I am very happy with the wltoys 144001. Pretty good quality. I have had a couple of hard crashes. Nothing broke or bent yet. I ran about 20 batteries now. Handeling is good. The only thing what could be better is the stock esc and controller. Both will be replaced with a dumborc x6 with gyro.

My goal for now is reaching 100mph. World record with this car is 115mph ifi am correct.

I have a link to aliexpress at the top of this topic if you like to buy one ?

New video up! I recieved the 3s lipo after a couple of weeks. So i decided to d a test between the stock 2s battery and the new much better 3s. what a diffrence. Even with the windy conditions.

I also recieved most parts for my brushless build. That will be posted soon! :)

Back