WL Toys 124019

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaggybirdman

RC Newbie
Reaction score
hi all I'm new here

well i have a 124019 and a 124017 ? the brushless version of the019. I'm repowering the 017 with a new esc and motor. not goi g to try to eliminate the cogging. going sensored . what pitch are the gears? I'm getting a used motor. its a 9.5 turn speed passion. he has a 13.5 turn. not sure on the brand though. can ge both for $50, or 1 for $30. both were used in a stadium truck. a arma senton size. i think they are concidered 1/10. i dont want mach 1 just fastenough to be on the edge of gwtting in trouble with it. if ya get my drift

I'm leaving the 019 stock as its a great basher. maybe just better tires.

well thats it for now. as Arnold said "ill be back"

I wouldnt waste my money upgrading these kits but if you do, I believe they use Mod .7 pitch gears which is a very uncommon gear pitch.

Thanks for the info on the pitch. from what I've seen on you tube the 124019 is a great basher. its gone over 100 mph on stock gearing.

not sure if theres a class for 1/12 buggy, but id think it mite do good. i have no intention to race it, but to bash it i do intend to do.

Been digging the 124019 since Outsourced RC did a test run of one. Looks like they are making better kits with that one. It should scoot with a 9.5t in it, but you'd probably want to check the motor temps and gear it accordingly. Make sure you have an infrared temp gun handy and stay below 160°F or so.

could really use a source for pinion gears. Gray wolf thinks they are mod .7 pitch.

If it is indeed a .7 pitch, I'm not sure. I have never seen that size gear pitch before.

thanks Graywolf ill see about getting thouse gears, and afaptor.

Back