With all the Crawler hype today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_RC_Corpses

RC Newbie
Reaction score
It's kind of funny Josh and I have been eyeing the HPI Venture up for a while and a few of us here were posting our Axial rigs in the gallery. Just found out they are due in late may at Tower. Might be selling the old orange SCX10 and getting a Venture if only they came in yellow to match my big one. Guess I'll have to wait till they sell a clear shell and paint it myself.
IMG_20170404_015913.jpg

KIMG0093.JPG

Last edited:
Funny you mention that @Dark_RC_Corpses, I've had that one on my to get list for a bit now and just saw it on Tower last night as well. They've been taking their time with releasing it. It looks pretty cool though.
The new Traxxas TRX4 looks cool too!
I still want to pick up a SCX10-2 kit to build at some point too.
The list just never ends......
Nice FJ you have there! Definitely need to do a clear shell color match if you pick a Venture up!

Funny you mention that @Dark_RC_Corpses, I've had that one on my to get list for a bit now and just saw it on Tower last night as well. They've been taking their time with releasing it. It looks pretty cool though.
The new Traxxas TRX4 looks cool too!
I still want to pick up a SCX10-2 kit to build at some point too.
The list just never ends......
Nice FJ you have there! Definitely need to do a clear shell color match if you pick a Venture up!
Vanquish makes 2.2's in my XD 795 boss wheels that are on my FJ too, although they're too mudded out on the real FJ to see. On the SWB conversion SCX10 (10.5" WB tamiya FJ body with STRC SWB frame conversion) they'd be like 22" wheels instead of 16" on the real one. The HPI is SCX10 stock size so the wheels would be like a 19" vs a 16" on the real much closer to scale and the HPI look to be built badass. I'd love to make a 100% scale version of my real deal rig, I've even found a local place that will make all my bumper stickers in scale. Thanks on the big FJ I have a bit of time and work into her and she's a beast!

That's cool. The closer to scale ratio the better.
That's one of the reasons why I love this hobby, the ability to customize Rc's to mirror your own 1:1 or other 1:1's that you've had in the past or those you always wanted to have.
Look forward to seeing some pics when you get the Venture and match it up to your 1:1

That's cool. The closer to scale ratio the better.
That's one of the reasons why I love this hobby, the ability to customize Rc's to mirror your own 1:1 or other 1:1's that you've had in the past or those you always wanted to have.
Look forward to seeing some pics when you get the Venture and match it up to your 1:1
You know y'all will be some of the first to see it.

@Outcaster I just got off work for the week and got a chance to look at the TRX4 that looks wicked. I'm not a Traxxas guy by any stretch of the imagination but that looks ridiculously awesome and well built plus I've always had a thing for the D90 and D110, I like my odd SUV's.

Nice collection.

I got the 3rd gray one from top to bottom all customized. The metal chassis, hitec servo and motor w pinion combo makes a huge difference. Weights on all four wheels, metal oil shocks, w full bearings front to back.

IMG_20170517_164058.jpg

IMG_20170517_164144.jpg

Not sure if you guys already know about this guy and website, but if you are into scale RC and don't know "Extreme Scale Performance" you should check out the YouTube channel and website. There is a lot of great info & tips all related to the scale RC world. One or two of his video's were recommended to me on YouTube so I checked them out and they were definitely worth looking at. The one draw back is he is sponsored by Axial so you won't see any none Axial vehicles on his site, but most of the vendors that he talks about make parts for all kinds of RC's not just Axial which is why I figured I would mention it. In the few video's I watched he mentioned a couple of vendors that I had never heard of that have some really cool stuff. If you want to check him out here is a link to the YouTube channel and to his website.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/dogcrick

Nice collection.

I got the 3rd gray one from top to bottom all customized. The metal chassis, hitec servo and motor w pinion combo makes a huge difference. Weights on all four wheels, metal oil shocks, w full bearings front to back.

View attachment 10162
View attachment 10163
That is the HG. Nice I've been looking into hooking that one up. That one and the green deadbolt are my sons, the orange monstrosity is mine. I have decided not to sell my axial but instead give it to Bran. She wants a crawler and I want the HPI Venture so I'll just sell off my trooper projects and the 2WD Traxxas Trash I mean Slash I just picked up to fund my new crawler.

Not sure if you guys already know about this guy and website, but if you are into scale RC and don't know "Extreme Scale Performance" you should check out the YouTube channel and website. There is a lot of great info & tips all related to the scale RC world. One or two of his video's were recommended to me on YouTube so I checked them out and they were definitely worth looking at. The one draw back is he is sponsored by Axial so you won't see any none Axial vehicles on his site, but most of the vendors that he talks about make parts for all kinds of RC's not just Axial which is why I figured I would mention it. In the few video's I watched he mentioned a couple of vendors that I had never heard of that have some really cool stuff. If you want to check him out here is a link to the YouTube channel and to his website.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/dogcrick
I've checked him out before. He's got some really excellent scaler videos.

Back