Winter build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inside measurement of the lower arm on the true track
About 28.5mm,outside is about 45mm and the pin itself used is about 48.5mm×4mm
Ill be damed if I can't tell where the the toe is set snook, it doesn't look like it's in the arms but idk for sure, if you have any ideas of how to check I can for ya

Last edited:
Thanks for the measurements HotRod,
You would probably have to disassemble the hub from the lower arm and then insert the pin. Square the back flat part of the hub and measure the distance from the ends of the pin parallel to the squared hub plane.
Don’t take one apart just for me:)

toe in is set at 1.5 degrees

Yep, trying to determine if the toe is set with the arm angle or with the hub angle. It should be the hub angle but you never know what RPM may have done.

to me it looks like the arm angle I think if it was the hub angle the spacing between the hub and the arm would be decreasing towards the front of the arm
the gap is 2.34 mm

Ya its in the arms snook,in fact it appears that its only in the lower arm, I measured from pin to pin and on the back side its longer,

Perfect, thats what I need to know buddy.
I'll let you drive it for your help, if your ever in the area.

I'm glad I can help ya snook man:beer:

Getting close to a final assembly.

Mocked up and ready to be torn down and put back together with some locktite and a little more polish.

I’ll take pics during the final assembly and post them sometime next week most likely.

DSC01400_zpsd9018032.gif

Very cool. How many traxxas parts are on that weapon? :)

That's is absolutely beautiful rig and craftsmanship dude! Wish I had the machining skills and the equip to do so. That's easily the nicest maxx based rig I have seen:bow:

Very cool. How many traxxas parts are on that weapon? :)

The “Weapon” (I like that:)) has Traxxas BL diffs front/rear, wheel axles, 17mm splined hexes and a Revo wing mount. The rest is custom parts I made, and parts from this list:

HPI
Ofna
RPM
GA
ACNCM
UE
New Era
ProLine
AE
Savox
O.S.
Novarossi
Dynamite
Buku
Avid
Tony’s Screws
Tekno

I’ll be sure to take a bunch of pics when I figure out my new camera settings. I tried to take some yesterday outside and it was just a blinding blur in the sun.

Thanks for the good words guy’s, I have a lot of time in this one.

I have a decent collection of wheels/tires to test out.

Proline Holes Shots and BowTies on LPR dish wheels and about every MT tire ever created. I may get a set of Calibers to test and a set of taller pin style tires also.

I set up 2 more CD’s with different wt diff oil so it will be an easy swap to test different weights. Starting with 7K and have a 5K and 10K setup to work with for now.

Also setup a couple more steering bell cranks with different spring rates in the saver since the Ofna savers I’m using don’t have the spring adjustment collar.

photo63_zpsb944244a.gif

Got the body fitted and partially trimmed. Fits like someone planned it that way:D.

photo64_zps1d435681.gif

I got three more pairs of F/R diffs to shim and setup with different oil wt tomorrow.
Hopefully that will be enough diffs to get me through the season.

Impressive my friend, good job snook!....what ever came of the poor man set backs?

Still in the works, just waiting for a rainy day so to speak, and I want to get a feel for the rig on the track as it is before using setbacks to see the difference they make.

That's really looking great. I have much respect for those who can design and fabricate their own parts.

Snook, have you ever considered creating your own aluminum wing mount for UE shock towers?
I've seen the DMD wingmounts sell for 40-80 bucks on ebay.
They're a hot commodity, impossible to find.

Snook, have you ever considered creating your own aluminum wing mount for UE shock towers?
I've seen the DMD wingmounts sell for 40-80 bucks on ebay.
They're a hot commodity, impossible to find.

I’ve made a few different 1 off DD style wing mounts for the K head towers for me and a few friends in the past.
There really isn’t that big of a demand for them as you would think, just the diehard UE guys and most of them already have one/some in their stash and don’t let them go.

Its basically a break even deal which for me isn’t worth the effort.