Window Fan

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a window that has a window air conditioner in it that stays in the window all year around. This room is the hottest room in house on its own. Add that to the 3 Desktops, a laptop, soldering station etc and it gets even hotter. Add that to the fact that I usually have the door closed because I'm listening to music or using power tools like dremel, spray booth, etc etc. Needless to say the air conditioner doesn't work in the late fall, winter or early spring so I came up with this idea to cool the room. Its speed controlled so I can control the temp in the room better.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft1z_7uER2E"]Window Fans - YouTube[/ame]

The original idea wasn't mine. One of the guys at work took 4 old pc fans out of a junk PC and a power supply from a set of speakers and had them running on his desk just for show. I just took it a step further and added the speed controller so I could control the temp in the room during the cold months. If was a God send cuz that room was so hot before. I usually have to close the door so I dont disturb my wife.