Why the engine wet after few run?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yveschew

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi, why my engine (crankcase) wet after few run, its that the High-Speed
Needle too rich? thanks

Hi, why my engine (crankcase) wet after few run, its that the High-Speed
Needle too rich? thanks

never heard of this problem before. Do you mean like condensation or only wet around a certain part of the engine? If it's only at one area of the engine, then I'd bet that you have a leak somewhere. When I blew my first exhaust gasket, mine would get "wet" just under the exhaust manifold.

Where exactly is it wet on the crankcase? I think it is a leak, but just tell us where it is ''wet'' please. Thanks

Last edited:
might be the header o ring.

if its wet around the exhaust port, just put a new gasket on there
and also put a new exhaust spring, i always use two springs, jsut for extra security

wet block

I had this problem and it was that the glow plug was not sealing properly due to a split washer. I replaced with a solid washer and the problem was solved. If the car is not running properly then it is also probably too rich.

There is always the possiblity of the head being loose too! Check all the head bolts.

hi, i replace the header o ring look better but still have tiny oil around the engine is that normal?

Well if you spilled some fueling or if you were clearing a flooded motor with the plug out yes. Otherwise no. There are 4 points oil can seep from.

1. The main bearing behind the fly wheel. Nothing you can do really have your LHS look at it.
2. The back plate behind the EZ start. Remove the easy start and backplate and put a thin bead of High Temp RTV around the inside portion of the backplate then reinstall.
3. Between the head and the case. You need to make sure the ring is in place and make sure all the screws are firmly and evenly tightened.
4. Between the plug and the head. You need to make sure the plug washer is clean and damage free. Then you need to make sure the plug is screwed in firmly.

Now after you clean all the oil from the engine, run it for a little bit then stop it and see if you can see the leak. Then try the above recomendations.

thanks for telling. i been trying out but i really don't know where the fuel coming out i guess the back plate behind the EZ start, can i leave it because just the little bit only, this problem will decrease the power? thanks

If you can not tell just where it is coming from you may just want to seal all the places where you can. HiTemp RTV can be purchased at any automotive store. From there seal the back plate and make sure the plug and head are tight.