Which should i buy first??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domination

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok well I'm stuck on what i should by next i have aout 50-60 right now my choices are btween a

New era roll bar for $40
or
F & R RD logics CVD's for $60

Not trying to put the brakes on here, well actually yes I am, but what do you want for your RC? Which is more important to you? Which will get you closer to finishing your truck? It's yours, buy what you want. Just a thought. :2cents:

well i want the roll bar cause I'm gunna start goin to the skate park more regulrly and thepavent reaks havock on the cylinder and i just got a new one and proection fo other things too

But i also want to get rid of the stock bulky CVD's I've broken a hand full of those i just can't seem to decide wich i want so I'm just askin what you guys think the better buy would be?

I'd first off say refer to post #2 to start with. Next have you sustained any damage that resulted in the need to buy parts for not having a roll bar? If you've answered yes then which repair has been more expensive thus far? Go for the one that's you've had to spend more fixing. From the sound of it the cvds are what you should get now but the decision is your, not ours.

ok well i think I've made a decision i think I'm gunna go with the roll bar and the main CVD's ad then get the F & R's when i get another extra 60

Did you replace the head because of damage?

- bomber

yes and no the 2.5 has been running hot for a long time (theyre notorious for that) and i was wanting to replace it for a while but never got around to it then i flipped it pretty bad and broke 3 fins off i ra it for a while lithat then i finaly got a BIG ASS head from American CNC it runs nice and cool now too.

A Dom, how much did you pay for your BIG ASS head from American CNC. My friend is always complaining his 2.5 runs hot and is in the market for a better head.

so, a new head is a worthwhile investment?

i'll add it to my list of must haves.

thanks.

///M

Last edited:
yea it dropped my temp a good 20-30 deg

Without the roll bar, I cracked a head, motor mount, fuel tank and both shock towers. With the roll bar, I have broken a rear shock tower and a bunch of gas tanks. Came to find out that my gas tank breakage is due to the fact when landing on the rear shock tower, the RPM plastic bends so much that it smashes into the back of the fuel tank.

I think your in need of both things.

The RD Logics cvd's have held up to about a half gallon in my 21 (2.5 hp) maxx without any wear at all.

The roll bar is scraped up, but seems to protect a lot of stuff. Roll cages suck to work around, but they do tend to protect a little better.

Sorry, rambling. Just wanted to let you know that both are a good investment. Regardless which order you get them in.

Back