which one? confused!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drragonx

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey. I'm having trouble deciding which rc truck to buy. First I was interested in revo 3.3 then savage x4.6 and now erevo. I will be bashing and jumping and driving offroad usually. However I need good run time (an hour or so). The price is not an issue but I aint interested in 1/5tty h scale. Please help.

Well all of those will give you about 10-15 min run time, then you will need to refuel. Gassers are good for 45 min or so. You might want to wait on the Savage Octane if they ever release it,

Well all of those will give you about 10-15 min run time, then you will need to refuel. Gassers are good for 45 min or so. You might want to wait on the Savage Octane if they ever release it,

How about if I use 2 3s lipo 5000mah batteries on the erevo. Will it last long?

Probably long enough to blow the stock tires off the rims
Seriously though if you go erbe get a pair of 2s to start get the hang of it then upgrade to 3s
Run time depends on a lot of things but anything from 15 min to 30 min is doable

If money is not a problem buy 2 :)

First off, is electric better than nitro?

I have both but I prefer nitro because if I want to go out bashing all day I can just keep putting more fuel in the tank. With my brushless it take an hour to recharge the batteries. Unless you want to buy a dozen batteries and charge them the night before; a long day of bashing is easier with a nitro. What usually end up doing is running my nitro while my battery charges for my brushless. Works for me. Pick something already! :)

I run all 3 fuels mentioned in this article. My favorite is electric just for pure simplicity. My favorite rig is my 1/16 Revo VXL, the little brother of the eRevo Brushless Edition. Electrics cost a bit more to start (chargers and extra batteries) but end up being about the same or a bit cheaper than the nitro versions.

Nitro is the standard in the hobby right now. My only real complaints are the noise and the cost of fuel ($25-50 gallon).

Gas has great run times and relatively long run times. I average about 45 minutes a tank on my Baja 5b. Fuel cot is low (about $3.50/gallon currently plus 2-cycle oil). The only downside is the cost and the size of the vehicles ($600+ and 1/5 scale).

Nitro :D
Savage 4.6 :D tuff as nails for bashing.

you say you will be bashing, jumping and off road

revo 1/10 scale
savage 1/8 scale

I can't say enough good things about the Savage 4.6 love it did some mild hop ups for just that. Jumping, bashing & off road.

If you want something to work on go with nitro. But if you don't want to have to do extra maintenance go with brushless. I have both erevo and tmaxx and both are great trucks but nitro needs more tinkering and tuning. But both are great it just depends on how much time you have and want to spend on you truck when you are not driving it.

I find maintenance to be pretty similar between the two. Yes the nitro engine is more than the brushless motor but brushless tends to be harder on the drive train components. So it pretty much equals out. Imho

An electric kit designed for brushless power like the ERBE or the Savage Flux is no harder on drive line parts than any stock nitro rig.

I had a savage flux and it required more drive line up keep than my nitro savages. Something with that kind of violent punch has to take more of a toll.

thats where your slipper adjustments help out, if the slipper is locked down or close to locked then you will tear up driveline parts.

Thank you all for the replies. I am going for a nitro 1/8 scale.

You won't regret it. Make sure you do alot of reading on break in and tuning. Good luck and show us some pics when you get your new rig.

Yes! You will not regret it. And I think you are in UAE. Drop by in our local track here (UAE, Sharjah) and all the guys will help you there.

Yes! You will not regret it. And I think you are in UAE. Drop by in our local track here (UAE, Sharjah) and all the guys will help you there.

Yh sure and I too live in sharjah