Which Brand?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snopro357

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all- Looking to get back into Nitro RC. I've had 2 Revo's. To start over, which would you buy? Thanks!

Hey all- Looking to get back into Nitro RC. I've had 2 Revo's. To start over, which would you buy? Thanks!
If you're wanting to get back into nitro RC and by the looks of it you like monster trucks, then I'd either recommend checking out the HPI Savage X 4.6 or maybe even the HPI Bullet.

If you want the gas sound buy far less tinkering that comes along with a nitro engine then pending your budget I'd certainly recommend looking at 1/5th scale RCs.

Dumb question, what is larger, 1/8 or 1/10? Does the Savage 4.6 compare well to the Revo 3.3? I like the idea of the dashboard Traxxas offers.

what is larger, 1/8 or 1/10?
1/8th is larger than a 1/10th scale.

Having driven both the Revo 3.3 and a HPI Savage both are very capable trucks, however I preferred the Savage over the Revo. The Savage is a tank.

If the Traxxas Dashboard is a must for you then you've pretty much answered your own question then huh? ;) I don't care for that kind of stuff so it is never a factor. If you really want telemetry information you can also buy a radio system that supports it.

If you really want telemetry information you can also buy a radio system that supports it.

Then your not tied down to a specific brand/vehicle.

What are you looking to do? Jump? Straight line speed? Grass? Dirt? Skate parks? Track?

A revo has it's place as does a savage. I have 3 revo's and 2 savage's. A nitro and electric of both. They do not drive the same and they do not take punishment the same. They will go in similar terrain, but each is better suited for a specific type of driving.