Where do these people come from?? (rant)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cam

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am selling a 4 wheeler on craigslist as well as in a few local papers and such.. I have had alot of interest but man, what is it about selling stuff that brings out the dumb ass's? I just had a guy (which inspired me to make this thread) that called and asked if I still had the 4 wheeler for sale. I told him yes, and he asked if I only wanted cash. I asked him if he was looking for a trade of some sort (Which states in my craiglist add I'm not interested in) and he goes "No as far as payment". I said, yeah, cash in hand. He said ok and hung up.. So whatd this guy intend on, writing me a bad check? Thinking a local seller is gonna let him put it on his credit card??
Last weekend I had a guy come out who was probably in his mid 40's. 1st thing he does is grabs my back rack and starts pulling it side to side, up and down pretty hard. Then gets on it and starts jumping up and down. So I asked him "what are you doing?" and he told me "I'm trying to bottom it out". I told him I highly doubt he would bottom it out and he asked why. So I told him "well I got a good 60-70lbs on you and a good foot and a half and I dont even bottom it out. So then he argued with me he could bottom it out. I told him whatever. He asked if he could take it for a ride, and being I could see the moron in this guy I told him ok but to keep it in the 1st few gears and drive slow because I didnt want him getting hurt. (its a 650 quad 4 wheeler, so its pretty quick). So he hoped on and held it balls to the walls up and down the road a couple times. So on one of his swipes I went up to the road and told him to park it. this point I was pretty pissed. So he pulls in and asks me if he can jump the driveway with it. I told him as soon as he puts $2700 in my hand he can jump whatever he wants with it. Then he goes on to ask me whos "crappy car" was in the driveway (refering to my dads work car). I told him it was my dads work car. Then he asked who's chevy was in the driveway (My dad was changing oil in his truck) and I told him my dads. Then he said "Suprising. you have a chevy with its hood up." this was the last draw. I asked him what year his dodge was. He told me a 2005. I asked him how many miles was on it and he replied with 47K. I told him I thought it was funny how it has 1/3rd the miles on his truck thats 5 years newer and his cab corners are already rusted out.. He didnt like this.. He dropped it and moved on back to my 4 wheeler. He was sitting there telling me how slow it was and how he had a 400 at home that could "smoke it". So I told him to go get it and lets go. He quickly moved on to another subject. He then asked what was my bottom dollar and I told him to save his money because he will need it for his new transmission in his truck within the next 3,000 miles he's going to need and started to walk away. He told me he would give me $2500 and I just told him to get out of here. He asked what was my problem and I told him I wouldnt sell him my 4 wheeler for 3k because its simply way to cool for him and told him to leave again. He left and called me when he got home and told me he would take it for my asking price. I asked him why would he want it if he already had a 400 at home that could "smoke it" sine he told me he was looking for something extremly fast? He paused and asked when he could pick it up. I told him it wasn't for sale.

Then I get people asking me how the 4 wheel drive works daily (when in the add it states its 2 wheel drive and has pictures of it.. It doesn't even LOOK like it would be a 4 wheeler that has 4 wheel drive). I've had people call and ask how the lighting works on it, how the tires are (again after stating the tires on it are new).. Do people not read? not look at pictures???

This 4 wheeler I have is my baby and is something I have taken pride in keeping nice. I wash it after every run, wax it once a month and maintain it very well. I havnt beat on this 4 wheeler a day in my life and is by FAR one of the cleanest 4 wheelers you will find.. I am probably one of the most laid back, polite guys you will find. Some of these morons have just left me completely speechless and the one guy I had to just walk away from before I rapped him in the nose..
Whats the deal with some people???

If that guy would have jumped on my 4 wheeler like that, the meeting would have been over. You don't go to someone's house like that and treat their stuff like that unless your some sort of dumber than dirt no manners having deserve to be stabbed to death country bumpkin with no manners or gumption whatsoever. It takes a lot to get me pissed off, but after what I just read, you took way more from that rotten sob than I would have.

Well... I know it sucks for you to deal with it, but it sure made for a funny story.

This part made me laugh:

... I asked him why would he want it if he already had a 400 at home that could "smoke it" sine he told me he was looking for something extremly fast? He paused and asked when he could pick it up. I told him it wasn't for sale.

:bow::bow::bow:

Priceless man... priceless

I can't believe some people with nerves like that! You don't treat a strangers stuff like that, I wouldn't even treat my friends stuff like that. I'd ride it up and down the street fast, but as far as jumping up and down on it and treating the rack like that is uncalled for. You can grab hold of a rack and tell if it's secure or not without wrenching on it. I think it's awesome the way you fed him back exactly what he was giving and then wouldn't sell him the 4 wheeler in the end.
:bow:

Like Olds said, sucks for you but made a great story, thanks for sharing!

Yeah, that certainly is a good story. People are strange man. There all all types out there. That's just one of 'em. Good luck with your sale. I'm glad you didn't sell to him. Kudos to you :thumbup::thumbup:

If that guy would have jumped on my 4 wheeler like that, the meeting would have been over. You don't go to someone's house like that and treat their stuff like that unless your some sort of dumber than dirt no manners having deserve to be stabbed to death country bumpkin with no manners or gumption whatsoever. It takes a lot to get me pissed off, but after what I just read, you took way more from that rotten sob than I would have.
Thats the part that really got me.. I mean its my 4 wheeler and I dont even do that, nor would I ever go and do it to anyone elses. Even if I was planning on buying it. Plus the 4 wheeler has thread shocks on it, so its not like it isnt adjustable. Plus this guy was like 5ft tall and 130lbs.. I think he would have a hard time bottoming out a savage if he stood on one.. Deffinatly one of the biggest, arrogant, a-holes I have met in a while..

I forgot to mention to that this guy was also telling me on the phone that he was some big dirtbike racer and asked if I have heard of KTM bikes before. I told him yeah, but I think I've only seen like two in person (theres not to many of them here in Mn. for some reason). This guy was telling me how he had one and was king poop. I had asked him if there was any dealers in Mn. because I didnt see to many of them and his reply was "theres only a couple KTM dealers in the state because KTM bikes cost 1/3rd more than the rest of the dirtbikes because there super high quality and are "extreme bikes". And normal Minnesotan's can't afford these bikes.. but I have one." I knew right then this guy was gonna be a piece of work, but figured if his money was green, it was fine with me.. I just couldnt let my 4 wheeler that I love so much and has been so good to me, go to such a d-bag.

lol i here ya man, actually ktm's are more but they arent "extreme" over any others, they are nice though....speaking of deals done on craigslist, when i was selling my pickup i got someone interested and he sounded serious, but then he said he wanted to get this done as soon as possible so he was going to send me a check for $4600 (i was asking $1500) and have me cash it and send him the difference and someone would show up to take the pickup....so right there i knew it was a scam, so i asked my sister who works at a bank/credit union and she said people get scammed like that all the time, u cash the check, send them the difference and then about a week later the check bounces and u have to pay it all back to the bank.

you didnt get the famous wana trade question? i hate selling on craigslist cuz here in az everybody wants to trade you something and even tho its stated in the ad people still ask i swear we have wayy too many dumbasses around here

this guy is a bitch, if he ever asks you if you want to trade something ... run the other way.

Hey Hey now, KTM is da chit lol. I ride one, and so dose my dad and all are friends. Maby its a california thingm where everyone and there brother out here has a bike of some kind. I can think of about 5 KTM dealers with-in 30 miles of me to lol. Anyway ya that guy was a jack ass lol, I would have told him to take a hike to.

Actually RCnut was referring to Cam.

Closing this one up since thread starter has been banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.