Wheels & tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You MAY be able to stretch a pair of 2.2" tires over it, Proline has a few options in a 2.2" size

Thats what I'm unsure about. I found some 2.2s and then I thought 2.8s would be better. But I was also thinking that 2.8s would be too big width wise.

http://www.advantagehobby.com/199403/PRO272801/?pcat=516

I also looked at these cause the were bigger than the wheels on my truck. I have a 1/10 behemoth I got it used and the guy who had it put small wheels and bigger tires on it. Should I just go ahead abd change the hub back to fit the 1/10 wheels. It would probably run better with the right wheel size huh? Any suggestions for a street tread tire for these wheels.

If your running a 1/10 rig than IMO run the 1/10 tire/rim package. The desperados will be fine and Proline makes Road Rage street treads that will work for your application. Also I dont know much about your truck but if it has a high center of gravity you can get the desperados in 1/2" offset which will widen your rig 1" total making it more stable during hard/fast cornering

Cool. I thought it was a little strange that it had 1/14 wheels on it when its a 1/10 truck. I guess the guy thought that smaller rims made them rotate more making it faster or something. Thanks for the recomendations. And I'm gonna get the 1/2" offsets. My truck isnt very stable the way it sits right now. Thanks again.

I looked at the desperados and they dont have a 2.8 with a 1/2" offset only 3.8 has the 1/2" offset. Is that what the offset wheel size is? And I would have to get 3.8 tires in order for them to fit those wheels right?

Correct. I have the Desperados on my Maxx but they are the 3.8's so I assumed that the smaller 1's would be the same and offer the offset. You can get the 3.8's but I believe they only come in 17mm so you would have to get larger wheel hex's to match the rims 17mm

I dont mind getting bigger hexs for the wheel. Especially when its gonna benefit my trucks stability. Ill check into it a little more and see if I can find some with the offset in my hub size. Since you have the desperados already, and if you don't mind my asking, what kind of inner foam do you run in your tires. Or what would you recomend. A softer foam or something more solid cause I've seen a bunch of different kinds of foams. Ill be running on the street mostly sometimes my front yard (which is mostly dirt).

I run those rims with a set of Badland tires from Proline and just used the foams that came with the tires. 1 bit of advice is tape the inside of the tires (I use ductape) as it will cut down on them turning into pizza slicers and give you a larger contact area to the road when at higher speeds. I usually wrap thep 2x

When you say tape the inside of the tires you mean the inside tire walls and before I put the foams in? And also I have noticed that with the tires on it now when I'm at full throttle they warp a lot and get skinny and taller is that your reference to the pizza cutter? And the ductape helps that significantly.

The "skinny and tall" is the pizza cutter effect. Taking tape and wrapping it around the tires on the inside will cut down on this significantly. Turn your tires inside out and wrap the inner tire 2X, flip them rightside out , install the foams, glue, and beat the snot out of em.

Thank you for the help. I'm gonna take your advice when I get them and once I get my truck back in order ill get some pics up of the wheels and tires and such. I'm gonna go with a proline street fighter 2.8 tire on the chrome desperado 2.8.

Back