Wheels hard to turn by hand??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just got back from a short trip where I bashed my Arrma Vorteks at a massive skatepark (in the pouring rain)! I had asked about the issue I was having with the motor and was basically told to check the motor and gears. So I took out the motor/pinion thing and took it apart to find that it is all good, and the motor is functional. Right now, the driveshaft and motor are disconnected from the wheels so the front and back wheels turn completely separately from each other without any resistance- or so I would think. When I went to turn the wheel hex’s by hand, i discovered that they are extremely hard to turn with lots of resistance. Could it have been the rain and puddles? Couldn’t find anything on google.

Just got back from a short trip where I bashed my Arrma Vorteks at a massive skatepark (in the pouring rain)! I had asked about the issue I was having with the motor and was basically told to check the motor and gears. So I took out the motor/pinion thing and took it apart to find that it is all good, and the motor is functional. Right now, the driveshaft and motor are disconnected from the wheels so the front and back wheels turn completely separately from each other without any resistance- or so I would think. When I went to turn the wheel hex’s by hand, i discovered that they are extremely hard to turn with lots of resistance. Could it have been the rain and puddles? Couldn’t find anything on google.
Got a video? Not sure what you are ssying here.

If your talking about turning a wheel and then a wheel hex, its along the lines of leverage. Its like your hub spins slower then the outside of the tire. My scx10 is the same way.

Think of it as a bicycle, the rear wheel and sprocket. The larger diameter of gear, the easier it spins.

Your tires spinning opposite is do to an open diff. A spool or heavier grease or thicker oil will fix that.

If anything It would be a rusty bearing, dry grease build up, overtightened screws ect.

Front, rear, all 4 wheels? It could be anything from a bearing that got ruined from the water, to the diff not spinning freely, to a driveshaft that is binding (least likely, since only the pins are metal). From my own experience running in the rain, snow, ice, and water, Arrma bearings are usually the first thing to go, so, i usually replace them with aftermarket rubber shielded ones, so, i would start there. Pull the driveshafts, then see if, with just the outer half of the shaft in the hub, see how freely it turns, then, eliminate issues from there.

Back