wheels and 17mm adapter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayoitsjus10

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what do u reccomend for 17 mm adapters for my t maxx 2.5 and also i am trying to get a lower truggy look what wheels and tires do u reccomend me using(tire size offset brands and models will help alot)
thank you

As far as truggy tires and wheels go, your going to be best off getting pre mounted AKA tires. The softness/hardness of the tire you get from them varies from what surface you drive on.

Any links please?

Go with the ofna adapters

transmited from a mobile communications device

they will work but the problem with them is they develop wear where the threaded part of the driveshaft is a the wheel will wobble at higher speed,teflon tape around the thread will take out some of the slack but there are better sets out there they just cost a bit more

And what sets are better which ones do u reccomend

The Ofna and Traxxas 17mm adaptors will wear about the same rate.
If you plan to use the traxxas 17mm splined wheel at any time use the traxxas adaptor as the Ofna adaptor will not fit the traxxas 17mm splined wheels.
Other than that, there is not much difference between the 2.

Teknos for the win...

As far as the tires and wheels go heres a link to some AKA pre-monts that will work.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...k-1-8-Truggy-Tires-Medium-Pre-Mounted-White-2

The link is for medium tire hardness. Harder = less traction and less wear. Softer = more traction and more wear. I personally run the cityblock AKA tires but it suits the surface i run on better. They have more info on which tires suits you best on their website. amainhobbies carries all the AKA products. I prefer buying the pre mounted tires. Make sure to get truggy tires, not buggy or short course tires.

can some one send a link on the traxxas adapters ill give those a try please..if they are cheaper then the ofnas

ok ill check them out
why do they look like the same ones that i posted up is it just because its a name brand?

The ones you posted up are traxxas brand.

I use hex's that I can't find anymore. They were from an e-savage that existed a few years ago that no longer is built. They were like normal hex's and you would use HPI 17mm flanged wheel nuts.

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/86925/

The ones they make now are for normal savage axles which have a larger center hole and would be really wobbly/off center on traxxas axles.

Back