Wheel fitment problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D2Titan

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a set of Traxxas 3.8 Gemini wheels and a set of Pro-line 3.8 Badlands tires to replace the stock set on my Redcat Shredder. The description said that the wheels were 17mm compatible. The problem is that the hex cutout won't fit a 17mm nut plus the axle hole is a lot smaller than the stock ones. My question is is it possible to make the Traxxas wheels fit the Shredder by using different hubs or axles or do I need to get a different set of wheels altogether? A lot of wheels have been discontinued or are already pre mounted with tires. I have tires to put on the wheels. If I have to get a different set could I get some suggestions as to what will work and look nice?

those are 14mm not 17mm you will need to get a 14mm hex.. you can use a body reamer for the axel hole increase. measure the axel hole and mark on reamer A tad lower on body reamer to make hole larger

Thank you for the response. I apparently bought the wrong wheels and tires online. I ended up going to my local hobby shop and getting some that fit and paid a premium. I bought a set of belted Pro-line mx38 Badlands on raid wheels.

Back