Whats your favorite machine??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2wdMod

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
Alrighty guys , I know quite a few of us own more than one machine, so whats your favorite/least favorite and why? I will start. I own a few brands , Creality , Creesee, voxelab, and Sovol . My favorite has to be the Sovol SV06 platform.. I have 2 of the standard size and one SV06 plus.. They just work. I love the print quality out of them absolutely bone stock .. Least favorite has to be the voxelab aquila. motherboard /chipset issues where some motherboards only work with certain firmwares so its dead in the water as far as upgrading it unless you go whole hog and do a motherboard upgrade to start with .. both my 1st gen E 3's work pretty good for E3's.. both are going on 5 years old now , so yeah can't complain about those little droids too much, The Creesee cs-20 I have is an older machine, but its my go to for PLA right now . liking the Sovols a whole lot.. Direct drive hot ends and linear rod/ guides motion system just work so nice straight out of the box. At first I didnt care for the auto leveling and not having knobs to turn to adjust the bed to be honest. but now wish all my other machines were that way,LOL.

My dad's old Unimat lathe/mill combo. It looks like this...
unimat-db200-precision-miniature-table-top-machining-lathe-mill-2.39__83503.jpg

Printers guys.. this IS still the printing section yeah?? Shouldnt have to specify if I'm asking IN the printing section.., smart alecs, LOL

Last edited:
That sovol sv06 looks like a pretty good package for the money! It has a lot of the things i wish my og e3 pro had. I've gone to an all metal hot end, but still can't go over 260 degrees. 300 degree hot end and direct drive would really open up some material options!

Mine is my Elegoo Saturn. It;s fast and has a relatively large print area for a resin 3d printer.

So far so good with the Elegoo Neptune Max I just picked up. It's smooth, quiet, and I'm really loving the PEI plate over the glass bed on my old printer.

I don't know if it's just my luck or what but after all the loose parts when I got my Anycubic I went over the whole printer before firing the Max up. There were several loose parts including the bolts for the Z-Axis lead screws.

Mine is my Elegoo Saturn. It;s fast and has a relatively large print area for a resin 3d printer.

Pretty sure that is what I will buy when I finally pull the trigger on a resin printer.

So far so good with the Elegoo Neptune Max I just picked up. It's smooth, quiet, and I'm really loving the PEI plate over the glass bed on my old printer.

I don't know if it's just my luck or what but after all the loose parts when I got my Anycubic I went over the whole printer before firing the Max up. There were several loose parts including the bolts for the Z-Axis lead screws.

Pretty sure that is what I will buy when I finally pull the trigger on a resin printer.
yeah , the sub assemblies are still assembled via basic unskilled labor so there are always some issue to look for.. My first Sovol none of the pulleys had the grub screws on the shaft flats , so that had to be fixed before anything. my 2nd E-3 had the concentric nuts so tight the wheels on the X carriage and the bed both were flat spotted right out of the box.. . Always good idea to double check things just in case..

bambo lab x1 carbon. some of the best printing I've ever seen.
I wish that I had the coin for one of those. I've heard lots of good things about them and the 4-color printing is hard to beat.

Printers guys.. this IS still the printing section yeah?? Shouldnt have to specify if I'm asking IN the printing section.., smart alecs, LOL
To be fair, you asked what our favorite machine is. And I didn't realize this was in the 3d printing forum when I replied. I just replied to the thread title 😉

My favorite is my CR10 S5. With 500mm x 500mm x 500mm build plate, I have yet had a need to print anything that won't fit on it and needed to be sectioned.

Back