whats your favorite 1:1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diver, I respect the originality and enineering of the concept, but for half the price, I can get a hopped up Nissan 350Z and have the luxury of service. It's a lot like when Volvo offered the "Marcos" version of the PT 1800.

http://www.motorbase.com/vehicle/by-id/179/

Yes, I totally agree with you RR. The Noble is a "niche" car but sure will turn heads! My post was in response to ChrisOFNA's post regarding its availability in the US market.

Oh, Diver, I am not knocking your input on it, I just wanted to point out that I am finding out a lot is missing as far as what is al involved about a car I am interested in.

How is the prep going toward 2006 NTC going? A new thread about the season would be nice. I still only do club racing, so any tip(s) makes my season look brighter!

Still working on it RR. Best bet would be to look it up on ROAR's website. www.roarracing.com . Regionals, championships and other upper level races are already flowing in on the calendar.

I'm just trying to get as much carpet time in before hitting the asphalt in both GP and EP touring as well as the offroad circuit.

'81-'86 Chevy 1500 2wd Step-Side w/454 with a 4 speed manual behind it, gloss black ,black tint windows, lowered and bagged.< I'm looking for the exact same thing except in a 292/I6 for my daily driver,to be converted to a V8 when I get a diesel back.

'01.5-'02 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW w/ Cummins Turbo Diesel H/O 6spd, w/ 6" exhaust stacks in the bed, and power upgrades to bring the HP & TQ around 800hp/1200tq.<Selling my 01.5 because of registration costs and monthly payment cost,its the exact same thing minus power upgrades and the exhaust stack.

'01.5-'02 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW w/ Cummins Turbo Diesel w/ bulletproof auto trans, decked out with some insane Hp & Tq upgrades for sled pulling.

I own an import truck.... no domestic truck gets 27 miles per gallon and and when you a college student and drive about 70 a day it beats 17mpg.

SumoDethRat, Their has been atleast 3 times i can think of that my Dodge DRW Diesel w/ 6spd trans and 3.73 gears has gotten 26-27 mpg,that was only because it was on the open flat highway and I did a three shift pattern which is 2nd-4th-6th(known also as a drag strip shift),so by the time i hit 60-65mp i was only clocking 1800rpms. I don't do this often causue till I Iget rolling in 6th gear the tail pipe billows out black smoke since i dont use all the gears.

Jeff

nitroking, who makes your 6 speed diesel tranny? Just asking. I have DP MH with an Allison.

Revo,Its is a New Venture NV5600 6spd Manual Trans.

Jeff

nitroking said:
SumoDethRat, Their has been atleast 3 times i can think of that my Dodge DRW Diesel w/ 6spd trans and 3.73 gears has gotten 26-27 mpg,that was only because it was on the open flat highway and I did a three shift pattern which is 2nd-4th-6th(known also as a drag strip shift),so by the time i hit 60-65mp i was only clocking 1800rpms. I don't do this often causue till I Iget rolling in 6th gear the tail pipe billows out black smoke since i dont use all the gears.

Jeff

And how much did that cost??? A key piece of information is I am a jobless college student If its more then $16k, then no thank you. Also how in gods name would you expect to park that in a college campus parking space? I can barely open my doors. Besides diesel was more then premium here last time I checked. I spend my time hovering around 3000-3500rpm at about 75-80mph it drops to about 22-23mpg with the ac on.

And how do the glow plugs last on the new diesels? My dad had some bad experiences with diesels in the 70's and early 80's with glow plugs always going out. He had to carry extras where ever he went with tools to change them.

Last edited:
SumoDethRat said:
And how much did that cost??? A key piece of information is I am a jobless college student If its more then $16k, then no thank you. Also how in gods name would you expect to park that in a college campus parking space? I can barely open my doors. Besides diesel was more then premium here last time I checked. I spend my time hovering around 3000-3500rpm at about 75-80mph it drops to about 22-23mpg with the ac on.

And how do the glow plugs last on the new diesels? My dad had some bad experiences with diesels in the 70's and early 80's with glow plugs always going out. He had to carry extras where ever he went with tools to change them.

It was bought 3 years ago for $28,000,the monthly payments are $500 a month plus $200 month,I am in the process of selling it cause I am going to b going to college in the fall of 2K7,plus i dont want to pay the $1220 a year registration fee up here for it. That truck gets on the highway when I baby the pedal between 21-22 mpg in town it gets 18-19mpg all my driving is mostly highway since i live in the middle of nowhere. I am not sure on the glowplugs Cummins is smarter then International and Mercades(sp?),Cummins uses a gridheater that heats the air coming in through the intake and when you plug the truck in that heats up the radiator fluid and the oil. The only problem that I have had with the Cummins is forgetting to plug it in one night and it got to -35 degrees and when i went to start the thick oil plus it pumping it at 95psi spun the oil filter right off it did not help much that it was a Fram filter that the mechanic installed,they are a big no no on the diesels.

When the truck is sold we are hoping to get atleast $15,000-$16,000 for it,$5,000 is goes towards concrete and roofing materials for a garage,$7,000 goes towards 2 trucks(1/2 ton for me & 1 ton for my dad),the rest goes toward the mortgage that was taking out to pay off the loan for the truck so we could get the title in hand.

You must also have some high standerds for a car if your jobless and in college and you say your limit is $16,000,I limit my self at this point to no more that $3,000 on buying a truck.

Jeff

Revo Rancher said:
Diver, I respect the originality and enineering of the concept, but for half the price, I can get a hopped up Nissan 350Z and have the luxury of service. It's a lot like when Volvo offered the "Marcos" version of the PT 1800.

http://www.motorbase.com/vehicle/by-id/179/

i think the noble is like the rich mans hobby. like we have r/c kits they have 1:1 kits.

Not really a "kit" in the same way the Cobra and daytona kits are considered. You get the roller with no engine or drivetrain. You have to specify powerplant/transaxle choice. Either you can have them install it, a thrid party or do it yourself. It's the only way it can be used here in the states. With "kit car" classification, many restrictions can be bypassed. The same restrictions that keep it from being imported here as a whole unit.

Cummins uses a gridheater that heats the air coming in through the intake and when you plug the truck in that heats up the radiator fluid and the oil.

CAT uses the same trick. No glowplug issues.

Revo Rancher said:
CAT uses the same trick. No glowplug issues.

Thats was the other engine that i was thinking of,I am totally sure if International uses gridheaters in the bigger engines,but I know they use glow plugs in the Powerjoke engines.

Jeff

If you like boss mustangs then you might be glad to hear (if you dont know) that ford is remaking boss 302 blocks to be released mid 2006. Now if they could do 429 blocks and heads as well all would be good.

Thats good to hear, I try to stay away from ferds they have enough problems as is. I need something that will stand up to the abuse we put are vech. through..lol.

Jeff

Just went to the Cleveland Auto Show last night. I didnt' think they'd have my car there but they did and I almost fell over myself when I saw it. Brand new Lotus Elise and Exige. Pure unadultered sports cars. no ultra fancy interiors, just the necessary basics. If things go wellover the next couple years I can stop dreaming and start driving.

my fave car Mitsibushi FTO MIVEC what a beast

I'd like to have my first 3 cars back....
72 spitfire w/ the GT engine (my dad is real big on brit cars)
73 F-100 Ranger that we basically converted to a 3/4 ton short bed w/ a 351 ( I know who still has it after 600k miles and might buy it from him for 800 bucks )
69 cougar w/ the straight 6...mine had the tree shift and it SUCKED....rare and probably worth alot now but I sold it and bought an 83 GTI......

unreal cars:
those Lotus elise are slick....
Original SHELBY COBRA.....
63 split window vette.....

I have a (well 1/2 owner w/ pop) an MG TD that gets used maybe twice a year....or when I need to go trolling and look mac daddy.....funny how a nice car gets ass easier than being an honest nice guy...