whats wrong

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, are you sure that your TRX carb is good? Did you clean it up before you put it on? If it "is a bit better" then you might be on to something. It really sounds like an air leak. Either in the fuel supply sysetm or in the carb. The only other thing I could think of that hasn't already been suggested is the back plate of the motor or a cracked block. Make sure that there is no leaks there. Here, have a banana:banana: It might make you smile!

Wellll....I'm stumped. 2 different carbs and no luck. The TRX carb was working fine before you swapped it? Hmm...getting glow. Compression. Still has to be a fuel delivery problem. Fett has a good point. My first RS4 RTR came fresh out of the box with a leaking backplate and until I figured it out, it was a pain in the butt. Might just want to go over the engine one more time to make sure everything is tight. Not too tight, though. May lead to that cracked block that Fett suggested.

ok i will have another strip down, yeah the carb on the trx was excelent, i cleaned up the carb before fitting it and fitted a new
o-ring,

I'm stuck for ideas now :(

Dave:banana:

Dave I was thinking about your problem, since you have done just about everything on the intake side, how about the exhaust? You said it was hard to pull the recoil, that is an indication of flooding which can easil be caused by a blocked exhaust. Which pipe are you running? If its the stock one pull it apart and make sure the baffle is not melted inside. Check to make sure no matter which pipe it is that the stinger in not clogged, both of these things will cause the engine to flood immediately, and therefore not to start. Just another thought I had. Let us know how you make out.

i didnt think of that, i will pull the exhaust apart in a minute, I've got the stock exhaust but w/o the baffle, I'm so annoyed that its gone like this :( :mad: if that doesn't show anything i might take it back to where i bought it,

nope sorry i didnt reply l8ly i bin V.busy, i still aint got it runnin yet :(, it isnt the carb any more ideas ? maybe i could send it back too where i got it ask them to help :) ,

no unfortunatly its not the exhaust, I'm completely confused, its really annoying me now, thanx for the help so far guys youve bin a great help

Dave
:banana:

Well Dave I hate to say this but I am at a loss, you have done everything I can think of, sorry I couldnt help you get it going. Good luck with it, please let us know what you find once you get it going.

dave meet up with us guys on sunday,we`ll rip it up for you and sell you a ported trx;)then you`ll be well happy

Dave has done just about everything you can do to one short of putting a new mill in it. I can't even begin to imagine what he is gonna find. Unless one of his checks were incorrect. i.e. compression, or "air leaks" lol.

"Quality Control" whats that? I just bought a full set of Dynamite cvds, I had to grind em down just to keep em from rubbing the bearings. Didn't they try them on a maxx before they put them on the street?

Dave is it still a problem,would you like to bash with at least 6 other maxxers on sunday.

Back