Whats wrong with Tower Hobbies? They got my engine all wrong

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yakabod

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
HPI Nitro Star Pro 12 R RC Evolution II Pull Start engine
HPINitroStarPro12RSCEvolutionIIPS.jpg

thats my engine right there. with all that info i just gave you above, does it show its a Novarrosi?? No. I went to buy the 34 dollar roto starter kit for my nitro star .12 engine with the original header and now boom the drive pin is too small? My dad went and called tower hobbies if we can get a bigger drive pin but they said no its a Novarossi. I dont recalling my engine a Novarrosi. if its a novarossi then why is it called HPI Nitro Star .12?

Well guys correct me if I'm wrong and I'm willing to have some comments about this..

(btw... the shipping of tower hobbies is fast and so sweet.. i recommend them on there shipping)

you shoulda printed your reciept

whats wrong with keeping a novarossi instead of an HPI nitrostar?

Since it is discontinued I take it that the engine is not new right? Novarossi made engines for HPI and the stamp their sticker on it. Novarossi makes engines for LOTS of people under many names.

He didn't get a Novarosi engine...he got a rotostart for a Novarosi engine. His beef is with the fact that he asked for a rotostart for the NitroStar and got one for a Novarosi.

The real question is will the Novarosi work on the NitroStar and did TowerHobbies screw this up?

Thank you for translating, guess I was lost on that one.

lol sorry guys i think tahts wrong....

i bought the roto start for a HPI Nitro star .12 engine. And towerhobbies said that i have a NOVAROSSI engine. When i know it isnt because it says in my engine paper "HPI Nitro Star Pro 12 R RC Evolution II Pull Start engine " so i know its not a novarossi. And in the specs of the rotostart it said that it will work for my Nitro star .12. But hey it fits and stuff.

But the problem is the drivepin on my engine is too small to fit on the roto start. so wat can i do now?

Here is a direct quote from that engine page

NOTES FROM OUR TECH DEPARTMENT
This is HPI's Nitro Star Pro .12R RC Pull Start Evolution II the most
anticipated new engine of the Year.

Designed and Manufactured by NovaRossi in Italy, this .12 Powerplant puts
out almost twice the horsepower of the leading .12 size engine.

Given that it says right on their page that it is for a Novarossi engine they are somewhat correct. However it is a total contradicion. I have never had any luck with being able to get Tower to see it my way. I would look for the drive pin and just move on but that is me. If this was an LHS it might be different but since it's tower I would just move on. But that's what I would do.

wat do u mean by moving on though??

sometimes companies sell stuff with their name on it and they actually didn't make it. That engine is a Novarossi engine made just for HPI. I don't know how else I can say that part.

Only thing I have no idea what the drive pin is?? Also why is is it so essential to have it just for the roto start?? OKI mean moving on like forgetting about it with Tower explore other options. Maybe you could call HPI and see if there is anything available from them or see if they have some resources available to them to help you. You could also look for this drive pin dealie online from a retailer that stocks Rossi parts.

Back