Whats the your favorite Touring Car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro_Freak_22

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
which is your favorite touring car and y.

For Nitro Serpent 710 it has way more adjustments for certain tracks & won some nice races with it. For Electric HPi Pro4 the car is amazing outdoors & indoors

My favorite car can't really be described since each has it's purpose but MY NTC3 will always be my favorite since that's what I got into the hobby with. It is a great basher. It's well balanced, when set up correctly. The drive shaft makes it less prone to pebble and breakage like the belt cars. The NTC3 is also a very capable racer. It takes new setups very well and also allows the driver to grow with it without overwhelming the new driver.

I took my NTC3 racing this season and learned so much from it. It allowed me to learn how to prepare it for the race but most of all it was very forgiving when mistakes were made. It taught me to be smooth in my driving as well as throttle control, which is key in handeling characteristics. As I said, it teaches the driver the dynamics of running nitro and encourages you to improve instead of frustrating the driver when things don't go as planned. This car is easy on the novice driver and great for the intermediate but it also has it's limitations, agility and performance wise. That's why I moved on to the Serpent710.

The 710 is definitely NOT a "parking lot basher." This car demands to be raced and quite frankly, I beleive the track is the only real place where the abilities of this car can be truely appreciated. As a racer, this is my favorite car. Agility, suspension tuning, overall design ... this is my favorite car for the track.

Don't get me wrong, the Mugen MTX-3 is also a great car. Also well suited for the track and has the same demands as the 710 ... to be raced, not bashed. Other cars out there such as the Kyosho VoneRR and RRR are wonderful racers as well. Ratzo has the VoneRR. Good performer, but I have never driven one so I can't give an overall review on it.

My Picks for a parkinglot basher and/or beginner to intermediate competative racer is the Assoc. NTC3 and for competative organized racing, the Serpent710. But I don't disqualify the Mugen MTX-3 or Kyosho line either.

Last edited:
My NTC3 is cool when its working. haha, but yeah, theres alot of things you can do to the NTC3, its pretty much a awesome racer even in RTR form. I ran my car once so far, i race 1/8 buggys, and its a cool little car. i can't wait to drop in a high performance engine and servo's and take it out to the track this upcoming on road season at my LHS. later

what about a Stadium truck or a monster truck. or a different size of any of car or truck

You only asked about touring cars. Off-road?!? I don't really do off-road. Might get a buggy to get a few kicks but only for that. I don't see myself getting into competative dirt races.

My top choice is the Mugen MTX-3. Overall a great car for "racing" not bashing. Just like the Serpent 710, they are very well made and give u results at the track if u can drive.

I haven't raced off-road until next season. But from what I've seen the Kanaii's and Mugen MBX-5 seem to dominate the racing scene.

yeah i think the kanaiis are good but their pretty expensive big time. I've seen one in action and it hauls.
its pretty fast and lots of acceleration.

I'm more into off road myself. There are alot of really nice new buggies out there. Search around in the other forums for favorate buggies, and why. I'm hoping to get into onroad racing next summer. I've only run about 5, or 6 tanks though my MTX-3, and as my first on road I'll tell you this. Being belt drive, I think I had a rock stuck in the belt the first time I had it out, and I thought there was something wrong with it. Finally fired it up again about two weeks later. Ran perfect. The stall on the clutch compared to a buggy is really high. It is fast, and it is fast now, but like others have said, I wouldn't suggest it as a basher, unless you don't mind a push broom in your field box. LOL!!!!!!! That's what I do when I bash!

Back