Whats The Best Damage 2 Ur Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have broke several things on my Maxx, spur gears, driveshafts, motor mounts, ripped tires off rims, skidplates, body, bulkheads, A-arms, fuel tank and lots of other stuff I can't remember. I have a big sack that I keep all the broken parts in. The worst looking incident had to be breaking the bulkheads. Head on into a curb at almost full speed.....

P3230003size.jpg

P3230002size.jpg

P3230001size.jpg

that pic of the tmaxx makes me sad and by the way how long do spur gears last?

That is another "It depends..." kind of question and answer. I have had spurs last for gallons of running...I have also had spurs get torn up on the first run.

It depends on how well your mesh is set and how you have the rest of the drive train configured...as well as what you are driving on and how you are driving.

Lots of factors.

In a perfect world where you set everything just right...you shouldn't have to change out the spur unless you are trying to re-gear the RC. However, chassis flex, accidents, poor after-run or pre-run maintenance...and a number of other things that can cause the mesh to go...can lead to damage to the spur....not to mention dust, rocks, etc.

It could be a short life or a long life for the spur gear.

The only parts I've broken on my maxx are a turnbuckle and a lower a-arm :)
Hardly exciting, I guess you could say. I don't drive my truck lightly, but don't get ridiculous on it either. Money adds up and usually it could be used for something more important :x

Last edited:
I owned my T-Maxx for 1 day, come across the back lawn and just as it shifts WHAM!!!!! Right into a railroad tie that was hiding in the grass, ooops. The engine took off at the highest idle I've ever heard anything run at. Luckily I got there in time. Engine mount broke and hung the throttle wide open, stripped the spur gear, and flywheel, also have a nice little crack in the bulkhead. Does this crap happen everytime?? It's starting to look that way.

Welcome to the wonderfull world of the maxx. CRASH-BREAK-FIX-REPEAT! lol.

Bryson

Does this crap happen everytime?? It's starting to look that way.

I say it all depends on how your set up is, and how its driven. Make sure everying is set and tight (engine mount, tranny, gear mesh, etc.)
Not saying are, but make sure when you run, you don't confuse the terms bash and trash. The simplest way to avoid running into something is to know where the dangers are and either move them or avoid them. Every time you break something its just taking money out of your pocket. It's silly to say that breaking stuff is a fun part of the hobby!

It's silly to say that breaking stuff is a fun part of the hobby!

I agree, Fixing my T-Maxx is half the fun. Now my Dad just bought a Revo and I get to fix it when he breaks it also!

i hav only broken the both front suspension arms (lower) the all the hax wheel hubs and one of the rear turnbuckles all in one i tried to do a backflip off a ramp i made but it did a tripple and landed on the front bumper then started to cartwheel

i've gone through: 2 gas tanks, 2 bulkheads, 8 lower a arms,1 skidplate, an engine head, 2 shocks, a brand new servo, and probably something I can't remember... oh check out this video,[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS7YptFyh2g"]YouTube - Broken T-Maxx[/ame] , it's of probably my worst crash..:w00t:i've broken a lot of parts

I snapped the whole front end off my truck. Hit My buddys truck head on and took the whole front end off. Didnt do anything to his truck tho...
what did your buddy drive sounds like a tank