what's the best alround tire for revo 3.3?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXTREME1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
just starting a tire thread.to get some reviews of some of what you all have tried on your revo 3.3

i have tried:
stock tires=sorry
sporttraxx 3.8=ok for low grass,hard packed dirt
imex k-rock=work great for climbing,not so much anything else.i think too much tire for the 3.3

think i'm gonna try the proline trencher

any sugg.would be great!going tommorow for new tires.also was thinking about the roadrage tires 40 series,but i like too go off road and i don't think i want 2 drop $120 on tires just to drive around in circles.

Proline badlands. Best all around bashing tire I've ran on both my revo and tmaxx.

Badlands are where its at. I have used trenchers on my revo and didnt really like them. They seemed to have too much side bite and just caused the truck to rollover all the time. Now my XL loves the trenchers! I dont know if it is the added weight of the XL or what but it can slide the trenchers around and bash them without ever rolling.

Off road

---------- Post added at 5:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:26 PM ----------

Well yeah they do hold up pretty good on road too.

I have the traxxas bead badlands 3.8" on stock traxxas dish wheels and they rock!

How are the bow ties and the responses any different?

I find they have a lot of grip on hard packed surfaces. also since there is not a large side wall on the tire there is not a lot of tire role in the corners.

THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR INPUT ON TIRES,THE INFO REALLY HELPED!
went and bought the badlands 3.8 with black chrome wheels yesterday.taped them,glued them,run them.
took a lil' getting use to but after that i liked them.my revo wanted to flip over in the corners at first,but then i adjusted my ride height and spring tenson,caster(went with 12.5 deg. 3 in front,1 behind),roll center,camber.
finally got it some what tuned in,think i'm gonna try a few other things to get all i can out of it.i was running the stock gearing 15t/38t so think i'm gonna try some other gearing ratio's.i don't really care about top speed.i like a lot of torq.so think i'm gonna put the 14t/50t on it to see what that will do.will post new pics with the badlands later.

FINE TUNNING IS KEY TO GETTING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR NITRO RC AND IT'S ALWAYS CHANGING!

Last edited:
So what is the best all out dirt track race tire?

That would depend on what the track surface is (clay/dirt/mix/etc) and how it is groomed and watered.
You can have a clay track that has a mix of sand and the surface will tend to be loose, or a clay track that packs well and actually gets a groove of rubber laid down in the corners occasionally.
If you’re serious about racing you will need several different sets of shoes for different track conditions.

Hint: Look at what tires the guys with the fastest laps are running.

Well this is just our backyard track, but is actually real nice. It is just plain old dirt. And i am running the fastest times for now but we all are running responses. But mine are starting to get worn out and was lookin for info to buy my new set and get an edge up on the competition. The responses work descent but seem to push a bunch in the corner. Maybe its in my suspension set up.

Back