Whatcha think?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devinlowe18

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ebe7a9ev.jpg
a6e5abu6.jpg
u3etusaj.jpg
y2azajer.jpg
eve5y4yr.jpg
vahysape.jpg
u9urery8.jpg
qemu2y7y.jpg
usa4ydab.jpg
Just Bought this off a guy for $75 from a guy off Craigslist. Said his cousin gave it too him about a year back but since he didn't know anything about it it just sat in his shop. It has some RPM upgrades, a 5cell rechargeable battery pack. And a couple other upgrades. When the guy gave it too me he handed me a backpack with the chargers and everything in it and told me I could just keep the bag. When I get home I find the chargers, transmitter, some brand new glow plugs, 72 tooth spur gear, and a PICCO .26 engine. I was like WHAA.... Lol it looks in pretty rough condition though so may not be that big of a deal. As long as both the engines run well it will be a this would be a steal to me.
These pictures were taken just like I recirved the truck. Other than taking the engines apart to take pictures. Now it's time to clean and get her ready to hit the road. Lemme know what you think.

Last edited:
yup i would have hopped on that deal all day long

even if the motors dont run its still a good deal for a max truck looks to be the 4909 version or 4910. no reverse servo so has a foc which is a plus i woulda payed 75 for it any day although if the picco does run your gonna need to upgrade your ceter shafts and put cvds in to run the picco or your gonna be constantly twisting shafts my t maxx 4910 has twisted the shafts with the 3.3 installed

---------- Post added at 1:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:47 PM ----------

like that body to

They all have that extra piece sticking out of the end of the nut and it has threads in the end. I have know idea what's up with that. Definitely getting rid of them AND the blue wheels... Lol the front left one doesn't have it on the end because it is broken off.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363215104.804474.jpg

He is a picture as the cleaning comes along. Don't mind my sons truck in the background... Lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363215142.824204.jpg

Those wheel nuts look like the adaptor used for spinners.

View attachment 12480

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363444893.060401.jpg

Well here she is after cleaning and fixing. Below are some things I fixed or replaced.
-fuel tank (the one in it was leaking from the cap, which brings the question.... Can you buy only the orange rubber gasket for the tank cap cause that is all that was worn.)
-new cooling head ( no reason other than just wanted too)
- changed the old receiver to a new one for the GT3b.
Took it out yesterday and she started right up. The motor (3.3) is still strong but I did run into two other problems.
1- the steering servo needs replacing cause this one is WEAK
2- every time the wheels make one full rotation I feel some resistance and the a crack sound and it releases until the next full rotation. I didn't notice it until I heard it clacking while running it. It's not a really loud clack either, just enough to Hear it. It doesn't sound like its conning from the transmission but I can't seem to find anything that is catching so I guess I'll have to tear it apart to find the source of the problem.
Other than those two problems the truck is actually in pretty good shape.

Oh and will someone post a link for what I would need to put that picco in there. Like part #s for motor mounts and what drive shafts or Cvds I would need.

yes you can buy just the gasket.
The problem with the clacking is most likely in one of the diffs. Check this by holding the rear of the truck off the ground and spin on tire the other should spin the opposite way and have little to no resistance to the same with the front.
Savox SC-1256TG 70 bucks ships on ebay but worth every penny is about the best one for it. also can be rebuilt for about 15 bucks

a traxxas cvd kit would be fine but the main issue with putting the picco in this truck is with the center shafts. Mip center shafts are gonna be about your best bet bc finding the drive cups in a 5mm and 6 mm and a 70mm dogbone is nearly impossible to find.

Much better with the new tires.

That picco may be worth sending off to www.rayaracing.com for a pinch service. $25 to get some life out of it. I'd tear it apart and look for any damage on the piston/sleeve/con-rod, then maybe send it off to get it pinched.

Childresshut- hey thanks for the info I'm going to look into some of those parts you suggested. Also I can spin ANY one wheel and the opposing wheel turns freely in the opposite direction. The clacking only happens when I turn BOTH the front wheels OR the rear wheels in the same direction.

Olds97- thanks ill check that out.

Hulkmaxx- thanks

Also forgot to not that I swapped the EZ-start with a pull start but that's a given for me... Lol

No problem. Since its neither one of them set the truck on the ground and roll it forward until you feel where the catch is and listen to were it may be from but if its not the diff's its prob gonna be in your tranny if you believe it is from sound or w.e then crack it open and inspect each gear and look for missing or damaged teeth

heres a link to the mip shafts on egay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIP-Traxxas-T-Maxx-pre-2002-Shiny-Center-Drive-Kit-T-Maxx-2-5-MIP1526-/261181530219?pt=US_Radio_Control_Control_Line&hash=item3ccfa1e06b

here's a link to the eploded views for the maxx 2.5's
http://traxxas.com/products/models/nitro/4910tmaxxclassic-downloads