what would be best BIG BLOCK engine to use with Revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bartek

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi,I would like to swap my traxxas engine for a BIG BLOCK engine in few months but I'm not sure what would be an best engine to use with Revo and what would I need to change it.

A high rev'ing 21 would work well with the revo. Considering the revo's weight, pretty much any big block has more than enough torque to flip you on your head all the time. So, get one with ridiculous top end power and RPM's.

Like one of these:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=MUGJX21B01
or
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_23_31/products_id/32802

Hit up the 1/8 buggy section and see what you can find that people like for really good mid-top end power and high RPM's.

Olds, I was thinking the same thing with the OS Worlds Engine.I have seen it for around $400.00 also.The OS is suppose to be proven to work with the Traxxas Big Block Kit.I want one.I think the big blocks are much more user friendly and reliable.I know you have to change to a 1/8 clutch ect though so mabey a little more up front but in the end its probably the way to go.

I didn't even notice your question about what you would need to change it.

To use a true big block, you will need a conversion kit/mount, header and exhaust. Depending on the kit, you may be required to use a bump start vs pull or roto.

Unless you just want a drop in engine. Then your list is more limited. RB makes a few, Picco makes a few and OS now makes one. I'm sure there are others, but not many.

Even with a drop in engine, they would perform far better with a better pipe than stock (on the 2.5R revo). The resonator pipe is pretty good for a rear exhaust pipe.

in my opinion the picco .26 max is a really good upgrade against the 2.5 and 3.3

Ya, picco is a little cheaper! :) I've heard a lot of good things about the V-spec and that's what I'm planning to put in my truck later. I've heard good thing's about picco as well. I typically don't like to recommend something to some one if I haven't used it or heard about it to much and that's why I didn't recommend the picco, because I don't know to much about it. I pretty sure that it's a good engine. ;)

Back