What Upgrades for T-Maxx?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run mainly grass. I am going to do the sealing and see what stablend temperatures give me. Is the OS stronger than the 3.3?

Considerably so. Is it worth $140 more than the 3.3? I'm a bit on the fence about that. Considering there aren't really any other "drop-in" options, if you want more power, then you pay $140 more for it.

Or, you figure out an engine/configuration to put an actual big block on the revo, then your probably still in the $260 range the OS costs. That's with a new pipe, side header, traxxas big block kit/engine mount, various low end engines...

The weather has been nuts for the nitro guys. Freezing, then we had a few days at 80 and suddenly it's 40. I just don't want to start when it's below 70.
When it got up to 60F a week or two ago, I couldn't wait any longer and tried running my 3.3 again with the losi 3.4 carb. Only to have it bind up on me, then the following weekend I ran the 21Tm again and had a good time.

Now, I'm trying to sort out putting the stock tank back in my savage x as my old OFNA tank is leaking like a sieve. Lost my mounts...

Well, I will see what good weather and good sealing brings before I form an opinion on the 3.3. I am not great at tuning but it really isn't that hard. Just seems to be an every day thing right now with the weather.

It also seems like a lot of the after market has dried up for the Tmaxx in eight years.

Well, I will see what good weather and good sealing brings before I form an opinion on the 3.3. I am not great at tuning but it really isn't that hard. Just seems to be an every day thing right now with the weather.

It also seems like a lot of the after market has dried up for the Tmaxx in eight years.
What pipe and fuel are you running?

Last edited:
The traxxas resonator that came with the truck.

Traxxas 20% fuel.

I am open to better fuel or pipes. But for a pipe if I go with a different one, I would like it to work for the OS or 3.3.

Back