What to look for..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tidd1340

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
..got my 5 tanks done..was thinking I should go over everything to make sure its tight..should I use loctite on some things to make sure it stays there?..Any thing in particular I should look for? What color loctite should I use..thanks!

Check motor mounts, use locktite on any screws going onto metal.

Use blue, you don't want to use red, red, is more permenant.

Thanks Maxx...found some screen to do my windows like yours..thanks for the idea..did you cut them individually,or use one peice. I'm also thinking of epoxying a roll cage(simple 4 point) right to the inside of the body to keep it out of the way on the chassis(square on top with 4 post going down the window posts)..also,did you have any radio interference problems with the screen?

Originally posted by tidd1340
Thanks Maxx...found some screen to do my windows like yours..thanks for the idea..did you cut them individually,or use one peice. I'm also thinking of epoxying a roll cage(simple 4 point) right to the inside of the body to keep it out of the way on the chassis(square on top with 4 post going down the window posts)..also,did you have any radio interference problems with the screen?

No interference at all. THe roll cage Idea sounds great.

I cut them out in three pieces front and two combined sides.

The screened windows are a great mod, really keeps the engine cool, so cool that I tuned to run in the grass @ 230 degrees and my Maxx does wheelie's in reverse just as well as foward. :cheers:

Do you guys rec. a new screw kit? How will the stockers be when I need to get them out after they have loctite on them?

Originally posted by tidd1340
Do you guys rec. a new screw kit? How will the stockers be when I need to get them out after they have loctite on them?

Fine, thats why you use Blue.