what should be my next new motor for this?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThEnItRo1

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys, today i broke 2 motors bashing my tmaxx. first break was the crankshaft, btw both were trx pro .15's, second was the crankshaft too.
1 was were the piston connects to the crankshaft. the second was where the clutch bell slides on to the crankshaft, (where the flywheel nut is) snapped.
So i was wondering wat motor to get next. I'm sorta on a budget, (if possible $150) i want a motor that could pull wheelies off the start, (btw i have a t maxx pro .15) a motor that will last long, and is easy to install without ny modifacations.
really hope u guys can help me out with this. i am only 15, and am not so experienced with name big brand name motors and off brand motors, i usually only work with wat i have, lol

Thank You!!

and i dont want to buy replacement parts, unless u guys suggest parts that WILL alow more speed outta my pro .15.

OS 18 CV-R(X) would be a good choice:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGGP7&P=ML

HPI 18:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPYU7&P=SM

Would lean more towards the OS as I had one. Was a decent little engine. Would probably benefit from a better pipe though.

You may have to cut the crank on either of them. Not hard to do, just compare the crank to the crank on your engine, screw the flywheel nut down that comes with the engine, cut it where you need to cut it, then back the nut off to straighten out the threads.

Is also a good idea to put the engine in a baggie, poke the crank through a hole in the baggie, then cut. They you don't run the risk of getting cutter disk/metal shavings in the carb and whatnot.

i have an 0.s .18 cv-r on my maxx with a traxxas tuned pipe and its a nice little engine plenty of power very easy to tune

i have an 0.s .18 cv-r on my maxx with a traxxas tuned pipe and its a nice little engine plenty of power very easy to tune

does it pop wheelies on first trigger pull?

I was thinking about the trx 2.5 when we are ready for a new engine. I think it will pull wheelies,I know you need a setup kit but not sure what all it involves. it's around 125 with the install kit

Personally, I'd go straight to the 3.3. Skip the 2.5. Few $ more. IMHO, the t-maxx should never had a 15 in it... not for what the truck was intended for. Bashing, grass, mudd, dirt... Needs the extra torque of the .18+ engine to move it along better and avoid you tuning it really lean to get good "apparent" power out of it.

Again, my opinion and my personal experience.

Back