What oil can I use to keep a brushed motor bushings lubricated?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I haven’t had a actually quick non crawler brushed motor rc in ages so I don’t have any actual electric motor bushing oil anymore. It’s 12 bucks which is a little on the expensive side for me now. Is there anything else I could use? Tires and wheels ate up a lot of money and it’s tight now. I know some people say why bother when brushed motors are cheap to replace and I know since brushless has taken over most don’t worry about brushed motor break in and maintenance and just run them till they die(unless your a serious crawler or rock racer) but I’m on a budget and want to keep my brushed motor running as long as I can and keep performance up.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure WD40 was initially used to clean electrical components for the military or something. My dad used it on electronics all the time. Most people think it is a lubricant. But it is a cleaner more than anything. The only thing though - it will attract dirt like crazy. So I would just buy some electrical contact cleaner.

wd 40 was used for what it is a water dissplacer.never a lube..as frog said dirt magnet