What nitro on-road car is this?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DixonCider

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
Hey there, just got an rc car outta an old storage unit and I have no clue on what it is. It needs a few things I can tell already. But if anyone can help me out, it'd b awesome and I'd really appreciate it. Always wanted gas powered one. I've had an electric one but yeah. Help me out 🙈

Attachments

• 20211207_183436.jpg
    20211207_183436.jpg
    580.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 20211207_183424.jpg
    20211207_183424.jpg
    579.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 20211207_183448.jpg
    20211207_183448.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 20211207_183441.jpg
    20211207_183441.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20211207_183458.jpg
    20211207_183458.jpg
    571.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 20211207_183510.jpg
    20211207_183510.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 20211207_183502.jpg
    20211207_183502.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 74
Welcome to the forum!

It’s not gas, it’s nitromethane, but give it a good cleaning, fully tear it down and clean, then rebuild it, the engine is most likely seized if you can’t turn the flywheel. @cbaker65 and other nitro lovers can probably help with most other questions!

Welcome to the forum. Pretty cool car. No idea what it is though.

Hey there, just got an rc car outta an old storage unit and I have no clue on what it is. It needs a few things I can tell already. But if anyone can help me out, it'd b awesome and I'd really appreciate it. Always wanted gas powered one. I've had an electric one but yeah. Help me out 🙈
Welcome to the RCT mad house.. that is definitely 100% nitro. 2 speed tranns. Take picture of the stamps on the side of the casing
Ok so thats a kyosho FWO6 DRIFT NITRO CAR

That appears to be an HPI brand ,the engine would have to be removed an starter & backplate removed for
internal inspection to make sure its clean inside ,if has dirt or old fuel residue inside ,if dirty ,it would need to
to be taken completely apart ,cleaned & lubed ,also the carbs needle o-ring could be rotted or dried out ,but if it
isn't too bad ,you can pull it out an rub a little sticky great on the o-ring ,the fuel tank will need to be cleaned as
well as new fuel lines added!
This all depends on how well the previous owner kept up the maintenance on it and if they used an after
run oil in it for storage ,good luck with it as it is a nice find!..👍😎

HPI RS4 it is
s-l1600 (1).jpg

But this is a pic of a Kyosho Pureten 2 speed. Am I missing something? Or is this the same chassis?
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I was wrong it's the hpi RS4. Your correct baker sir..
Here is a video on the one you have and the newer version.

Last edited:
If its an rs4, its atleast 05 or prior! If it has the 15fe, its said a pipe and exhaust really wakes it up.

3rd link is by competitionx, its a pdf on the hpi nitro rs4 2.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=hpi+nitro+rs4+2&t=samsung&ia=web

My question, is this a super, or standard 200mm?
All the ones on hpi are shaftys.

I have an rs4 single speed and a 2 speed rs4 3 evo.

Thanks! I've gotta read up on it more. So I take it it's 200mm? Feel like I'm bout to get cherry popped on this forum! Straight rookie!! 😆😂
So this thing is old old huh. Thanx alot

The Kyosho is nearly identical but I did find at least one minor difference between the kyosho and the RS4. The OPs rig matches the HPI RS4
I think that as well. But it also looks to be modded a bit. The carbon fiber top plate is either an older/newer version than the ones I found, or I assume it is an upgrade.

I think that as well. But it also looks to be modded a bit. The carbon fiber top plate is either an older/newer version than the ones I found, or I assume it is an upgrade.
Hpi had that and some purple bits as optional. It may have came in a kit version also.

From the looks the belt cars hd carbom fiber and the shafts had aluminum options.

Back in the day ,people was always getting an putting the optional parts or aftermarket hop-ups on them ,
optional part would be the woven carbon fiber stuff ,belt tensioners an lighten aluminum axles along with
Such hop up brands like MIP ,Lunsford an Hardcore were used an sought after!..😎

The Kyosho is nearly identical but I did find at least one minor difference between the kyosho and the RS4. The OPs rig matches the HPI RS4
Yea the difference is cosmetic. Between the kyosho and HPI. Super close. But we all know cars are copied and few changes are made. Then they call it something different.. But the OP's RC is definitely the HPI RS4...
The one above is probably one of the first ones on the market