what is the easiest way to remove glue from rims

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pissant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i want to reglue my tires becuz i did the it wrong, i glued the rims to the outside of the tire and not the inside, so after everyrun my tires come undone. what would be the easiest way to get the glue off so i can reglue them the right way. :yes:

I agree with boiling.

I just did it on a set of tires. Boiled the rims and tires in a rolling boil for about 20 minutes. Not sure why, but it desolved the glue with minumal effort. There was a bit of glue residue here and there, but nothing a little dremmling can't clean up.

Yeah, I glued my tires up, when I first got my T-Maxx. After a few weeks, I wanted to change the look of my truck by painting the rims. So, I had to boil them each for like 15-20 minutes. The residual glue on the rims and tires, I took a dremmel tool and it came off. But, only after some work. I really buggered one of the tires up, but no problems as of yet. Good luck! Just my .02

Woody

Wish I would have found this before I tried removing my tire with a xacto and a screw driver. It was actually going well but somehow I punctured a hole in my tire. Good tip

I thought so to. I think i read it somewhere at this site. I've toasted many a tire and finally tried this. I read it a long time ago, but it sounded stupid. But i wasn't looking forward to the achy forarms and knuckles that are a result of using an exacto and your hands.

I'm not even 30 and i have arthritis... stupid heredity.

Back