What happened to all the companies?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Used to be you had a hard time choosing which companies aluminum alloy parts were the best to buy. Now it's hard to find a company making anything that isn't Integy.

I mean, I fell off the map for a year or two, then decided to dust off my revo and bash it, which usually means something breaks. And of course, busted my rear rocker. Went to check Golden Horizon's site only to find it's gone. East end machine, gone, couldn't find STRC parts on ebay... so are we now stuck with integy quality type stuff? Or are there new companies out there making revo and savage parts that I don't know about?

I ended up buying integy rockers... then they show up and they are P1's and then find that the bearings don't fit. After grinding out the part a bit to get the bearings in, then I found that the bearing gap was too wide, so after swearing and grinding for an hour with my dremel, I got them installed and bind free. Really? This is as good as I can do now?!?

Golden Horizon made some top level fit/finish stuff out of decent quality alloy. Really miss them.

Sorry, just venting with hands that can barely type due to all the grinding and swearing.

Golden horizon closed up shop some time go (1 year ago maybe).

I ordered STRC parts directly from their website 9 monthd, or so ago. I didn't know they were done also.

I'm actually mulling over purchasing an integy savage X trans-case. They now come with the holes to tune the shift points.

If I decide to make the purchase, I'll see if anything needs altering.

It's ironic that everybody cursed out the poor quality of Integy's "pretty" parts, and now they almost stand alone.
Fast Lane Machine was the best. I can't believe they're gone.

Noway, I didn't know about FLM going bye, bye, also.

I thought you could still get that stuff from rc-monster.

Have you tried here? http://stores.ebay.com/dinball?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
I bought a LOT of parts from "rcmall" on ebay a few years ago

Probably not the quickest since it's coming from China. Still can find some GPM and hot racing stuff, but GPM's quality on some of their stuff took a bit of a dive, hot racing was pretty much just like integy quality. Bad threads, weak alloy... at least it's usually cheap.

For the particular part I was looking for, I didn't care for what GPM or Hot Racing had since their rockers don't capture both sides of the ball end and then would be prone to just twisting.

STRC is still around, just couldn't find their stuff on ebay and the part I wanted was out of stock at amain. Golden Horizon made really nice stuff. Usually when I'd buck up and buy alloy, they would be my first stop.

Well, I just received an email from rc-monster, and Mike told me that fastlane machine is still in business, but they just so happen to be visiting their son in Alaska.

The last time I dealt with FLM it was through one of their dealers. He sent me the wrong part...(There's a thread about it somewhere on this site)...and blamed it on their machining. He stopped responding to my emails and I found a phone number for him. At about 10:00PM he answered it in a noisy bar and continued blaming it on FLM. He also stopped answering his phone.
I got through to FLM, a husband and wife company, and she exchanged the wrong part for the right one, fully understanding that the distributor had sent the wrong part and should have exchanged it immediately. Their distributor was NO LONGER dealing with Fast Lane Machine parts after our conversation.
FLM was always FIRST RATE, so I hope they're still doing business.

Back