What ESC is best for the axial Ryft?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NicJames

RCTalk Racer
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Installed aluminum trailing arms, solid aluminum front and rear axles, 20 mil diff in the front and rear diff. Will do center diff when I go for the 2 speed conv..... just blew the spectrum 130amp esc on a 3s. Only cruising a parking lot nothing crazy... I'm getting tired of spektrum crapping out on me. 4 different esc's all different rigs have blown on me. I'm looking to move on to better quality and power. What's the best for this type of rig?

What KV and gearing are you running?

Only cruising a parking lot nothing crazy...

Kind of implies that the motor is being overloaded. Lower KV and greater gear reduction might counter-intuitively give you better performance in that situation.

The next step up would be a 150A or 180A ESC. There's probably nothing "wrong" with the 130A ESC other than its amp ratings being exceeded.

Hobbywing makes 150, 160, and 200 AMP ESC's, which are known for quality performance. Those are all programmable with or without the setting card (just have to count a lot of beeps to do it without the card)

Surpass makes a 150 Amp ESC for only $50, but you may want to go higher than that if you've already blown 4.

We went with the Tekin RX4 and ROC412 HD 2300kv motor in ours. Runs flawlessly.

id also get the rx 4 can't go wrong with Tekin. still using many of there vintage esc and new era esc today,

Back