What engine is this - Novarossi?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerresnick

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me what engine this is? it says 'REX' on one side and 'R 21' on the other. on the top it says, 'Nova Race Pro' and on the very bottom this is something that looks like a serial number that says '89/05' any help would be appreciated thanks.
IMG_0650.jpg
IMG_0646.jpg
IMG_0647.jpg

Could anyone tell me what engine this is? it says 'REX' on one side and 'R 21' on the other. on the top it says, 'Nova Race Pro' and on the very bottom this is something that looks like a serial number that says '89/05' any help would be appreciated thanks.View attachment 141818View attachment 141819View attachment 141820

The Nova race head is an aftermarket upgrade that someone added ,it has nothing to do with NovaRossi engine ,
the head did not come original on that engine!..😎
Here is my Nova head for the AE. Pro 28.

1644697233859.png

Last edited:
Oh, ok thank you, any idea what the engine is?

It is vintage NovaRossi engine ,Rossi went out of business a few years back ,their engines are quality race engines an
were considered the best an must have for track racing!
I know people that knows more about the Rex engine that I can get more info if you like?..😎

Yes, that would be really awesome, I'm trying to sell it so if i could find out the modal and what it's worth that would be really great

Yes, that would be really awesome, I'm trying to sell it so if i could find out the modal and what it's worth that would be really great

I will try ,but the Rex engine was just Rossi's budget engine an the Rex name was used in many applications
such as aircraft ,marine & cars ,so I don't think the engine is really worth that much ,especially with not having
the original head!..😎

I will try ,but the Rex engine was just Rossi's budget engine an the Rex name was used in many applications
such as aircraft ,marine & cars ,so I don't think the engine is really worth that much ,especially with not having
the original head!..😎
Ok how much do you think it's worth? it still looks like a very high-quality engine and its pretty much new.

Ok how much do you think it's worth? it still looks like a very high-quality engine and its pretty much new.

I am not sure ,but today's engines are more advanced an they range from $250 & up ,so pretty much ,that
engine is useless by today's standards ,the only way that someone would buy that ,is if they needed it to
restore their rc!..😎

So, you think i could maybe sell it for around $250?