What does the top esc pin do on the wp 1040 brushed motor?

• Thread starter NurturantQuasar
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
When you look at it it says the bottom pin switches it from running nimh to lipo. But the top one says rev what does that mean or do?
1596741130455.jpeg

reverse . its a jumper correct?

Last edited:
When you look at it it says the bottom pin switches it from running nimh to lipo. But the top one says rev what does that mean or do?
View attachment 122993
The two jumpers on the esc, one is for lipo/nimh and the other is run mode. forward/brake/reverse , forward/brake, some even say crawler/boat and so on...

I have the 1060 version of that ESC. That top jumper will allow you to turn on and off the reverse mode. With the reverse off, you will just have forward and brake. When racing, you're not allowed to have reverse.

Here is what is says right under the photos of the ESC and their jumpers.

Table A: LVC protection for WP-1060-BRUSHED, WP-1040-BRUSHED, WP-860-DUAL BRUSHED (F/B/R or F/B mode).

I read the entire section and I didn't see anything that mentioned reverse polarity. Just forward, reverse, and brake. I have the 1060 version and it operates the same way. The 1040 is an older model.

Back