What do you guys think are the MUST hop-ups for the REVO?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akmadmaxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anyone have the must hop-ups for the REVO? I know there isnt a whole lot avaliable yet, but what do you think? Or what would you like to see? I have:
-RD shock ends
-Aluminum bumpers
-LED kit
-Motor saver air-filter

Last edited:
led kit? whats that. r u racing? forward only conversion! and tires!. ally bumpers, yeh they wont break, but what behind it will?

-Ult

I haven't found a MUST hopup for the REVO as of yet.
I did need to replace the shock ends due to getting one that had the original first run ends. Other than that it seems complete.

If you have the first release shock ends, then they will need to be replaced.

As far as must have hop-ups, none at this time.

My must have hop-ups would include different option rocker arms with more spring choices to fine tune suspension settings. Also for myself I will need to do the FOC to the tranny to take out reverse and the opti drive. Another must have hop-up is replacement rims as the chrome will start flake off your wheels in under a week. Other than that I am good so far.

The first thing i got was a cooling head and some new rims/tires.The stock tires dont have enough grip for me on the dirt terrain..

Revo 101

Look there isn't a thing such as "Must Have". But there is a thing as " I must do it right" or " I want". Here is what you need in order for you not to stand in front of the revo, starring and wondering what went wrong.... Replace the shock ends, push rods, aluminumn push rod ends, rockers(P2), take the extra mass off w/FOC(race only), tank guard(these tanks some how get a beatin out there :hammer: , get extra rates of springs, {who likes to bounce???NOT}, If your on the track please get bo ties 40 series, no one wants to see you embarace yourself :shrug: Remember the revo has been perfected for racing... So if you want to bash and throw your money away I have a Ofna .21 Maxx engine brand new for 230.00 with the mount!!!! If you have any questions as to weather or not you should continue in the hobby.... "If a man doubts himself, he's LOST!!!!!! :boxing: "

rx7r695, The REVO bashes pretty darn well, I bash it like a red headed step child and haven't broken anything but the body. It can do both, and that is why this truck is so versitile.

I love the REVO for bashin. I havent broke anything either, except the shock ends but i got the RD ones and there awsome.

Change to 50wt shock oil, move the rear springs to the front (20% increase), purchase black springs for the rear (20% increase), and change to the P2 rockers. For ~ $20, your Revo will handle much better. Add another $20 for the RD aluminum shock ends (which I just ordered....).

After 1.5 gallons of bashing, the only time the Revo stopped was due to a e-clip in the rear driveshaft pin falling off. Just by comparison, a buddies Losi LST breaks something after each one of our bashing secessions.

Last edited:
Bumpers or bumper screws bend and cause the body not to fit correctly after awhile of abuse.

embarace yourself racing? i race jsut for fun and have never thought of embaracement regardless how i do??

After 3 weeks of weekend bashing. Finally found something was broken.

1) Shock end (Revo issue - no big deal coz it is cheap as hell) >> Replace with aluminum $15.00
broken_shock_end.jpg

2) Bulkhead (my fault - crash into divider at WOT) >> $15.00
broken_front_bulkhead.jpg

P2 rockers, green front (stock rear), black rear springs & 55wt shock oil make a very nice handling truck :D

next on my list is 50k diff oil, 40T spur gear and close-ratio gearing.

and if i slam into any more parked mercedes E320's at 30+ mph, then titanium pushrods (the crash bent one stock one and put a 5mm crack in body, but thats all!)

seems shock ends break alot too, i busted one during break-in oddly enough. gonna call traxxas tomorrow to get some mailed out.

Last edited:
One quick question. Did you change the push rods while switched to P2 rockers?

Yeah i would deffinetly recomend aluminum shock ends, the RD's are nice! I bent a push rod too, might be looking into titanium soon!

Hallo, the shock rod end on front right I broke at break-in time when I turned on parking lot too quickly.

I am driving truck trial and there is a lot of overthrow, hits and trundle.
I plan to buy RC Solutions Roll Cage to protect at frst the engine head and at second all electronics inside the truck.

Waht I installed: 40T spur gear and clsoe ratio transmition to get more torque (14T clutch bell I plan to buy). Installed ofna fail safe unit and motor saver air filter.
I have got instlled new improved rod ends from traxxas support and nothing else needed to improve.
Maybe in future the skid plates. Thats all what I need to.

you can keep the stock pushrods, when you order p2's they come with red spacers you put on the pushrods. 1 top and 1 bottom on each pushrod.

hooah said:
you can keep the stock pushrods, when you order p2's they come with red spacers you put on the pushrods. 1 top and 1 bottom on each pushrod.

Thanks for the tips. I am going to order now :)

Back