What do you guys think about this SCX10 mod?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I'm not a scale guy at all but I saw this pic of a mod a guy did to his SCX-10 and was wondering if this looks like a legit mod or just some backwards thinking jury-rigging? He claims he did it so make the steering more smooth. What do you guys think?

406242_4702935493148_1381634145_n.jpg

first I've seen it, and I've been searching every day lately for more mods for my scx10.

that one i duno, i havnt had any problems with the steering on mine... and i dont think ill be putting a hole in my axle housing for that.

imo pass on it. but i could be wrong.

Steering is smooth anyways on them. Think he's just trying to get the 1:1 effect of a steering stabilizer, which for scale looks, would be ok, not the way he did it though lol. So yeah, pointless all the way imo.

i think your right SNG...He didnt say something about a steering stabilizer which I'm not familiar with so maybe I misunderstood what he was talking about.

I had also same in my savage x very long time until now its fine and it helps really to stabilixe my steering even I bash so hard on a bumpy surface and it helps more on my servo saver. And I put two sides.
DSC_0418.jpg
DSC_0419.jpg

I actually did something similar on my Jeep Tuber. Only I did it for two reasons, 1 to simulate the look of a 1:1 steering stabilizer, and 2 to act as a servo saver. I installed a spring above and behind the piston in the shock body, with one end connected to my servo and the other connected to my steering knuckle.

2011blizzard088.jpg

Yours looked scale too Joe, not a big shock hanging down looking ugly and snagging on stuff. Dont like the original pic at all personally.

Back