What do I need?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxas Maxx

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
For a Kyosho MP 7.5 Inferno?
So Far,
O.S. R2 V01B .21
RB Concepts .21 Pipe
Lundford Ti Turnbuckles
Airtronics M8
Two Airtronics 200oz Servos
What starter box should I run?

Thanks

Doing good!

I run the new OFNA wide body starter box. Its PERFECT for 8th scale decks. You can find them for 50-55$ too! Its had the BIG motor in it. You will just need to add you battery of choice. You can also run it off your car battery. Docs suck, but hey, its a great box.

Here is the link:
http://www.ofna.com/starters.html

Mine is the one on the top right. The 10250 - I didnt find I use the power panel on my other one so I didnt want it on this one. Just wasted money for the setup I run.

Great box!

someone has entirely too much money on his hands. :wtf:

do i need anything to build the buggy?

You know Dynamite just released a new universal pre assembled starter box for like $80. I bought it but have yet to use it. It seems pretty sweet though. It takes a 12v sealed or 2 of those pack type batteries dont know what there called maybe 8V packs or something?

Originally posted by Traxxas Maxx
do i need anything to build the buggy?

A metric allen set is a must. Thread lock. #1 and #2 phillips screwdriver (get something with a hardened tip so you are not stripping screws. Trust me on the hardened tip screwdriver you wont be sorry. That sould be enough to build the kit.

how bout stuff like linkage, turnbuckles, hinge pins etc

You shouldnt be breaking those any time soon. This thing is tougher than you think. And so you know, when you buy 1 hinge pin you end up with ALL of them. Thats how Kyosho sells them. So be prepared if you decide to get the spares up front.

You should have had the linkages between the kit, mill and servos.

Turbuckles arent too bad on price. But again, you shouldnt need them right away. When you are just about done with break-in you will see what I mean.

On the #1 and #2 philips. Get the metric. They fit more snug. WFC makes good ones.

OFNA makes some damn nice drivers. Drill blank based, inexpensive, and guarenteed forever. I've actually pulled out stripped screws from my buddies rides with my set. Makes a huge difference.

The OFNA box I listed should only set you back 50-55 bucks and has the biggest starting motor out right now. You will want the torque to get that mill turned over. Takes any power source you can throw at it. Even your car battery.

Tires?!?! Do you have a set of knuckles? I found these to work best right now. Hook up great on both asphalt and dirt and dont desintigrate before your eyes like the step pins.

so the knuckles are great bashing tires??? all round stuff, street, dirt, rocks, grass, etc

Thanks for all you help guys

I wouldnt take any of prolines 1/8 buggy tires on pavement for very long because if you do they wear fast!

Yeah knuckles will get you what you are looking for. I smoked a set of step pins in 3 tanks. The knuckles still havent shown any wear that was even noticeable and I beat the snot out of them for about 8 tanks so far. Granted, the temps warmer outside and I havent been doing powerslides at 50mph. along the asphalt.

And the hook-up! Did I mention the hook-up?

Back