What do i need for what i Want?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohammed T

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi everyone,,,

I am a new member and new to RC Gas Vehicles in General, i am looking forward for a Truck or a Buggy, we live in the middle east there for ill do my Shopping online and have my stuff shipped to me in Saudi Arabia, anyways i read many FAQ's and Posts here and i think am not sure what best suites my needs.

I want a rough Vehicles for the dunes, "High Speeds" that would do jumps etc with no problems at all with sand.

I do not have a price range, but i was thinking that as long as am gonna do the shopping online, even for fuel, am i better with a Gasoline RC over a Nitro one?

ill be driving twice a week for lets say 30 minutes and i have no idea how much fuel + shipping costs are going to be!

also, whats best for my sand off-roading? a Buggy or a Truck?

Brand Recommendations either way appreciated :surrender

Thanks

You may want to consider something like a HPI Baja 5B. It should handle dunes quite well, it runs on regular two stroke gas as opposed to nitro, which should be much easier for you to get. The sand will cause problems with any rc so regular preventative maintenence will be very important. It's not a cheap buggy, about $1000, but imo it would be a great choice for where you plan on running.

Thanks for your replay, the Baga is in my List of options, it uses Car Gas and thats what i like most about it, although i could get my hands on Nitro Fuel some 100 Miles away from where i live, i am wondering how fast could this thing go, we have very very large open areas of dunes, and a slow Buggy could be boring.

Thanks again NCNitro

speeds on the Baja are from 37/38 out of the box. to upwards of 50 with larger motors. once a 2 speed becomes availabe, i d expect 60+ with a nicely modded motor. Found this on another board hope it helps

Guys,,, what about a 3.3 Jato?

I happaned to find a Hobbiest that could get me the Gas.

thanks again

The Baja is a good choice if you are looking for a fuelie. I would suggest you get a filter to cover the pull-start housing and filter cover for the air filter. This will help keep the sand out. I would also suggest you shoe-goo some foam at the lower side side inlets between the body and chassis to keep the sand out as well.

As far as the Jato, I think the tires are too small and it would bog down easily in the sand. If you want to go Nitro, you should consider a monster truck for the increased tire size which will help keep it on top of the sand.

Check into outerwears ( www.outerwears.com ) for filter wraps. I'd consider the baja if I were you, the jato may not be durable enough and then you'll have to wait for parts all the time. The nitro will be sort of a pain to get as well.

Really i was down in Glamis and some guy had a Baja and it cooks. There a great car said by him and every one else i talk to. The jato is just to small for what your looking at doing.

Hi Bryson, i changed my mind, i am currentley purchasing the Revo 3.3 ... everyone seems happy about it and looks like a better all around Truck.

thanks Bryson