What did I do?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andydrew39219

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I spent the last 4 hours reassembling my tmaxx to find out I screwed something up, not very happy about it.

When I roll the tmaxx forward on its rear wheels the front wheels spin the opposite way. It will not roll on all fours. I rebuilt my diffs and packed them with bad horsie locking grease. I made sure to label everything, so I wouldn't run into a problem like this.

Sounds like you installed one of your diffs backwards

your front diff is upside down

That would depend on if the rear diff is installed correctly...
It can work either way. Rear diff upside down, the fronts will rotate opposite if it is installed correctly.

The screw heads that hold the diff housing together should be on the right side when looking at the rear diff from the rear of the truck. and also on the right side when looking at the front diff from the front of the truck.

Thanks for the correction snook man i used that with mine like a month ago and worked but learn somethin new every day

I think we all did that at one point. Good thing you didn't try to run it.

The screw heads that hold the diff housing together should be on the right side when looking at the rear diff from the rear of the truck. and also on the right side when looking at the front diff from the front of the truck.

Thanks Snook! I wish that was mentioned in the video i was watching when reassembling my Tmaxx...Just checked, it is the front diff.

Thanks everyone!

I did it once....a long time ago, except I had both diffs upside down and my FOC was ROC.:hehe:.....:whhooo:

I did it once....a long time ago, except I had both diffs upside down and my FOC was ROC.:hehe:.....:whhooo:

That's really funny. Did you still take it for a spin? Could have done some nice reverse doughnuts!

It's a little frustrating but at least I don't have to remove both diffs. Looks like I'm gonna get a little buzzed and fix it tonight. Just finishing off a bottle of bacardi 151 :wasted:

Wish me luck...

Last edited:
That's really funny. Did you still take it for a spin? Could have done some nice reverse doughnuts!

It's a little frustrating but at least I don't have to remove both diffs. Looks like I'm gonna get a little buzzed and fix it tonight. Just finishing off a bottle of bacardi 151 :wasted:

Wish me luck...

That's probly how you installed em backwards in the first place,lol:beer:

transmited from a mobile communications device

That's probly how you installed em backwards in the first place,lol:beer:

haha, if only. I'm in the middle of fixing my (sober) error. Figured I would take a shot and check the forum. Turns out it isn't as bad as I thought it would be, maybe it seems easier now that I got a buzz going. Just gotta get the shocks, shock tower and wheels back on there and it is good (for now.)

Just need to get another rx/tx, a couple servos and some random parts. Then I'll have 2 RCs for friend to drive around with me. :D

I got a bunch of servos kicking around if your on a budget

I got a bunch of servos kicking around if your on a budget

It's going to be at least another 2 weeks until I'm going to want to spend the money it is going to take to get the tmaxx completed. And I'm set on the Savox 0251-mg for steering. But I will need a throttle servo and shifter servo.

What do you have that would work for the throttle or the shifter? I think the shifter servo is smaller than the throttle servo.

Think I have a hitec,and some faster futaba 3003

It's ok,better than stock bit if your gonna spend cash on a new savox you might as well get 2

use the 3003 for shifting and have a hunt around for a traxxas 2070 for ya throttle,last one i bought was $17 with free ship,thats what i have on my maxx and i can make it do endos with trencher x's on

As for the fwd/rev nothing special is needed here a basic trx will be fine ,I could send you one for basically shipping cost

Back