What Battery Chargers would you recommend

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stallsmithb

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I want to be able to charge the following battery packs without breaking the bank, but I also don't want to wait all day for a charge:

I currently have the following charges:

I think I can charge the 2 custom packs of 6 Sanyo CP2400SCR SC NICAD on the Mega Dual-E

But I don't think I can charge the NIMH batteries on either charger. What would everyone recommend
as a reasonably priced quick charger for the NIMH packs.

Thanks,

- B

i thanks the duratrax.... twin palce charger is the way to go..... thanks curtis

I have a hobbico I bought on ebay new for under 20 bucks and it works great it does a fast charge than a trickle, it usally will fully charge a battery in about 30 minutes

i have that tower hobbies charger and it sucks... i picked up the duratrax piranha with the display. its really nice and was only like 40 bucks. and you can tell what your batteries are doing as they charge... and i charge everything with it. glow starters, hump packs, 6 cell stick packs, mini t packs, hex packs for the vmg, nimh aa's for my camera. hell i even use it to charge my cordless drill. i love it.

I just got a Great Planes Triton ( http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCJG7&P=7 ) not too long ago. That thing is sweeeeet. You can charge anything with it including 12v lead acid or gel cell starter box batteries, NiMh, NiCd, Li, and LiPol. It has a connector for a temp probe for the NiMh packs. And it will cycle your packs up to 10 times per run and you can set the delay between charge/discharge cycles so the packs can cool before it startes the next cycle. It is programmable for 10 different battery setting so you don't have to change the settings every time you need to charge a different type of battery, just recall the program and start.

I'm glad I got it and its worth every penny I spent. It sure brought my 8yo NiCd pks back to life. And I use it to charge all of my Nitro RX packs, my TX packs and my starter box. I still need to make an adapter for a glow plug heater but it will charge those too.

Hey, just look for a peak charger somewhere. I got a brand new Prophet Plus Charger for $35 at a local hobby store. Charges both types of batteries. Hope that helps.
-Pat (redhatman)

great planes triton charge is the way to go if you have the cash or else i would stick to the duratrax pirhanna digital peak charger, that works ausome.

I have the Duratrax intella peak Ice. It's an awesome charger. It's in the same price range as the Triton but has more features. You can only do 10 cells at a time instead of 20. But it has enough features that you might not use while still being an easy to use, relativley inexpensive charger that it makes it warrant a look.

Back