want to increase speed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex banyard

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
hi i have got a xtm xt2 with a hpire 21 engine is any way off getting it to go faster:first_place:

Tune it right, gear it right, get a better pipe. Otherwise, a higher output engine.

There's an option parts for xtm xt2, 2 speed spur gear.

Last edited:
Some more suggestions:
1. Try changing out the diffs from grease to oil. That should make it more aggressive.
2.Tires (ensure they suit the terrain)
3. If you are hell-bent on really gaining speed, look for areas where you can reduce weight. It doesn't always have to be new parts. As an example, if you run full droop, remove the droop screws (little things like that will add up)

I have one and I put a 2 speed kit in it. I had a hard time finding the clutch bell. I had to order it from Florida and couldn't find one with a high 2nd gear ratio. The 2 speed gear set up is about $80 and the clutch bell was about $35.

convert to brushless

Screw that!

You want real headaches, try to keep a fast brushless kit running. I don't have ONE ESC that has lasted more than 30 packs. From Hobbyking to LRP or Novak, none of them can take what they're "rated" for. Also never seen a nitro burst into flames, but that's at least a weekly occurrence at our local indoor with the electrics.

Personally, I'm about one smoked ESC away from washing my hands of electrics altogether.

Yeah XTM! Don't hear much of them lately... But I agree with them DO NOT go brushless! Nitro has perks I believe the smell is one of the top ones.