Vorteks 6s conversion issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abishop99

RC Newbie
Reaction score
After installing spektrum 2050kv motor and Firma 150A ESC into my vorteks it worked for a few battery cycles and then all of a sudden the car would not respond at all. So now if transmitter is off and i turn on the ESC, it does its normal beeps as though it is working properly, but as soon as i turn on the transmitter it will not operate properly. Light on receiver is on but no lights are blinking on ESC. Also if transmitter is on prior to turning on ESC it will not beep at all. I have tried rebinding it and it does successfully bind but thats as far as i can get. Anybody have any suggestions as to the next step i should take?

Have you tried to turn on the transmitter first and then the car? If so then I would start with re-calibrating.

Yes and then it will not have the normal
Have you tried to turn on the transmitter first and then the car? If so then I would start with re-calibrating.
start up beeps. Also when i hold the set button down while turning it on it will not have the normal fast constant beeping either

I would try running through the setup again with your manual including re-binding it.

I would try running through the setup again with your manual including re-binding it.
May have just figured it out. I think it has a bad servo. Disconnected servo from receiver and it allows me to calibrate with no issues

May have just figured it out. I think it has a bad servo. Disconnected servo from receiver and it allows me to calibrate with no issues
Thats not an terrible uncommon problem to have with a bad servo. :thumbs-up:

Installed new servo, burnt it up within 20 seconds. To run 6s is a different servo required?
Did you plug it in backwards?

2S or 6S doesn't matter if your reciever and your servos are being powered by the ESC and not straight from the battery.

Did you plug it in backwards?

2S or 6S doesn't matter if your reciever and your servos are being powered by the ESC and not straight from the battery.
No i double checked. Had black wire correspond to negative symbol on receiver.

is the internal BEC on the ESC set higher than what the servo was rated for? If you dont know what that means the get a multi-meter and see how much voltage your receiver is putting out to the servo channel on the receiver

is the internal BEC on the ESC set higher than what the servo was rated for? If you dont know what that means the get a multi-meter and see how much voltage your receiver is putting out to the servo channel on the receiver
It says that the 150amp esc has 6V 5A
The stock 100amp esc is 6V 4A

It says that the 150amp esc has 6V 5A
The stock 100amp esc is 6V 4A
You need to get a multimeter and find out what the voltage is at the receiver. The only way I can imagine a servo would burn up immediately like that is either plugging it in backwards or its getting to much voltage.

Was it a brand new servo?
Which servo was it exactly?

Back